Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What eating method do you think is best for losing weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What eating method do you think is best for losing weight?

Doesn't it always seem like everyone has an opinion on how much a person should eat in a day, when they should eat and how many times they should eat? I'm curious to see what everyone on the forum thinks is the best eating plan for weight loss.

When it comes to your daily consumption of food, do you think the best way to lose weight is to...
    Eat three properly portioned meals per day with no snacks
    14.29%
    Eat three light meals with snacks.
    50.00%
    Eat no meals but graze on food throughout the day
    14.29%
    Eat breakfast, snack all day and eat dinner
    14.29%
    Eat whenever you feel hungry
    0.00%
    Have a light breakfast, fast all day and eat dinner
    0.00%
    Other (specify)
    7.14%

Eat three properly sized meals and two or three snacks. Just make sure that you are eating smart. It's not the size of the meal that counts. It's the calorie count and nutritional value. If you eat too lightly then you will only end up hungry and will break the promises that you made to yourself when it comes to the amount that you will eat in the day.

Instead, whenever you can, plan ahead. Think about what it is that you are going to eat instead of just concentrating exclusively on portion size. That way, you are guided by your mind and by the positive energies flowing through your body, instead of your hunger and the invasion of negative energies. Positive energies help you to make the proper healthy choice for your body. Negative energies distort your senses and cause you to experience feelings such as irrational food cravings that drive you to make unhealthy choices. You have control over the flow of the energies in your body

Comment

I really think that you should have either three light meals per day with a few snacks in between, or have five or six very light meals per day. However you want to designate that is up to you. It's better just to keep having these little meals/snacks so that you can stop yourself from ever getting that starving feeling and to make sure that your metabolism stays working at its fullest for as many hours of the day as possible. This way, you'll digest more efficiently and weight loss is easier.

I don't think that you should just graze all day long because that makes it far too hard to be able to actually determine how much you're eating. Portion control is impossible that way. You end up eating far more than you realize because everything seems so small.

Comment

eat a small amount whenever you feel hungry. Then you'll never be starving.

Comment

I think as long as you have your three meals you really don't need any other food.

Comment

I kinda like the eating breakfast and dinner, but snacking lightly throughout the rest of the day system. I've never been a big lunch eater.

Comment

I think it's a good idea to watch your portion sizes but that you should have three meals and also do some light snacking. I think it's better to make sure that you don't feel hungry instead of starving yourself or eating too much.

Comment

I'm not really lunch person either. I try to eat breakfast and I eat a good dinner. Otherwise, I just tend to eat when I'm hungry throughout the day. I know that's probably not "ideal" for weight loss, but it does work for me.

Comment

Skipping meals is the fastest way to slow down your weight loss.

Comment

It make sense to me to eat smaller portions at meals but still have snacks too. Not ever being hungry and not eating too much works best

Comment

I think that as long as you pay attention to the calorie count that you are consuming all day long, you should just pick at food the whole time instead of focusing on meals. The reason that I think this is true is that you keep your metabolism running the whole time and you never let your blood pressure crash down so that you get food cravings. You'll also never be a slave to hunger that way so you'll make smarter food choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X