Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't take the lazy way out - A little exercise goes a long way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't take the lazy way out - A little exercise goes a long way!

I've heard lots of my friends who are trying to lose weight or who just want to live a healthier lifestyle complain about not being able to fit exercise into their day. I've always found this excuse to be quite perplexing. Even if you don't have time for the gym or an hour workout every single day, there are so many ways you can move your body and exercise it without much effort on your part. All you have to do is stop being lazy.

For instance, when you drive to the store or the mall, park far away from the door so you have to walk longer. If you are a close walk to these destinations, walk instead of driving all of the time. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator when possible. Exercise while you watch your tv shows. Doing little things like this really add up over time. Finding ways to exercise and finding the time to do it is very possible and easy.

Those are all good ideas, JokerzWild. You're right, too many people make the excuse that they can't find the time to exercise. It's not a matter of finding the time, it's a matter choosing not to and taking the lazy way out. Good tip.

Comment

This is very true! In fact, I do a lot of my exercises while I watch TV! There are so many things you can do just sitting down. Or if you have an exercise machine, like a treadmil or something similar, you can do this while watching your favorite show. I agree. There really isn't any excuse not to exercise. Anyone who can't find the time, is just being lazy or doesn't want to make the effort.

Comment

This is all very true. Honestly, I think people have such a hard time working exercise into their daily lifestyle is because we often think of exercise as a chore. When you stop thinking about it like it is a chore it becomes a lot easier to do. You have to find exercises that you look forward to and if you start losing drive doing one type of exercise try another. The more you keep it fresh the better!

Comment

I find that since I think of exercise as a chore (exactly, TaraNorth!) I just try to combine it with other chores. That way, I get it all out of the way at once. I dance around while I vacuum and I do dramatic stretching while washing the mirrors and windows, etc. Whenever I'm doing a chore, I put on music and make sure that I'm bouncing all around. It's like getting free cardio

Comment

Get off the bus one stop early if you take public transportation. I find it's best to do it on the way home because that way you don't feel that you're rushing to be on time.

Comment

Originally posted by jadenmiller
              I like to take walk after every day dinner. Nice 15-20 min walkwill helps you for digestion and it will also assist you in fat break down. You can take walk in your house also.
              I like to do the same thing. I'm fortunate because i live in a place that is naturally hilly so I get a good workout out of it. I just walk briskly and there are parts that are easier and harder because of the landscape, just like if I was on a treadmill, but with fresh air and scenery

Comment

Working...
              X