frustrated. I gained weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frustrated. I gained weight

I hate to say this because I usually try to be very positive but I'm so frustrated right now. I've been sticking to my diet and doing pretty much everything right. I haven't slipped up in any ways that matter and two weeks in a row I have gained weight. Last week I gained 2 pounds and this week I gained another. THis is so frustrating. Why am I going through all of this if I'm just going to gain all the weight back? Has anyone else had this happen? I feel ready to give up.

I've had this happen a couple of times and it's soooooo frustrating! I'm sorry you're going through this sucky patch That said, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It could just be that what you're gaining is water weight. If it is, as long as you stick to what you're doing, you should see this weight disappear. It may come back again but it will disappear again too. We lose and gain water all the time.You might just be noticing it now because you're focusing on your weight loss more closely. That said, if you keep gaining, perhaps you need to reassess the number of calories you're eating and the number you're burning.

Comment

I agree with BabyButtons on this one Bethie. I think it's likely that what you've gained is water weight. If that's not the case, you'll know soon enough if you keep gaining and not losing. Weight fluctuations (though annoying and frustrating) are a normal part of weight loss. If you don't lose any of the weight you gained it may be that you need to make further changes to your diet or you need to up your calorie burning. Either way, I'm sorry you're going through this sucky period!

Comment

Thank you, BabyButtons and Speeddemon you're right. I probably knew what you said and I probably would have said the same thing to soemone else if they came to me and were frustrated. It's just really hard to see all that progress going away when I'm trying so hard. I don't like to be negative about things. I know that being positive is the best way to get to my goals. But the fact that it wasn't even 1 pound that I'd gained. It was 3 in total. Two weeks in a row the numbers grew. I didn't lose any weight this week, either. I didn't gain at least. It's just very tough to accept when I've been doing this for so long. I just want to reach my goal and feel proud of myself. But now I'm even further than I was before. Is it really normal for people to lose weight week after week and then suddenly gain it when they're still doing the same things?

Comment

I know you don't like being negative. That's my job You're still the most positive baby pig on a strawberry I've ever met But, yeah, it is normal to lose and then suddenly gain or to suddenly stop losing at all. You've hit a plateau. You'll go back to losing weight again as long as you keep up with your weight loss efforts. You might find that engaging in new exercises and be extra diligent about your diet may help you get back on track. Remember, sleep helps too!

Comment

LOL it's not your job to be negative. I always find you give me lots of positive information and motivation. You're too funny 😂 Thanks for explaining about the plateau thing. I thought that meant that you just stop losing weight. I didn't know that it could mean that you gain some weight, too. That surprised me. I feel a lot better now. You know when this kind of thing happens you feel like the only one in the world it happens to? It's not a good feeling and it's hard to find good information. Thanks Speeddemon, you're the best.
            Last edited by Bethie; 09-02-2017, 03:01 PM. Reason: I submitted my comment before I was done.

Comment

Hang in there, bethie. This kind of thing happens to us all sooner or later. You just have to stick it out, like the others said, and soon enough you'll be back on track

Comment

Working...
              X