Just say "no" to water pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say "no" to water pills

Avoid taking water pills for weight loss. These are dietary supplements that typically contain diuretics and laxatives to help you get rid of excess water in your body.They won't help you lose any real weight because water weight and fat weight isn't the same thing. Plus, these diet supplements can cause more harm than good in the long run, especially if you don't use them properly. Sorry, I know this tip of mine sounds a little preachy, but it really upsets me when I see water pills marketed for weight loss because I think it's very misleading and, unless they've been prescribed to you, I don't really think it's a good idea to make water pills a natural part of your diet.

I agree with you. I think there is a use for water pills. I think they can help certain people with certain conditions. However, when it comes to weight loss, that's not it. These are meant to be used over a very short term in order to treat certain specific things. They don't help you if you want to lose body fat. They don't have anything to do with body fat. THey do place you at risk of a lot of health consequences and they really only promote a false understanding of what weight loss is really about. I'd sign your petition if you had one, Lady Greenfairy haha

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
      I agree with you. I think there is a use for water pills. I think they can help certain people with certain conditions. However, when it comes to weight loss, that's not it. These are meant to be used over a very short term in order to treat certain specific things. They don't help you if you want to lose body fat. They don't have anything to do with body fat. THey do place you at risk of a lot of health consequences and they really only promote a false understanding of what weight loss is really about. I'd sign your petition if you had one, Lady Greenfairy haha
      Haha! I'd sign your petition, too!

That said, I'm curious. Other than weight loss what other health conditions would you use water pills for?

Comment

The water pills they sell as diet pills aren't good for anything. THey're the ones targeting people who are trying to lose body fat and can cause people to throw off all their weight loss efforts. If you're retaining water pretty badly, your doctor might recommend specific diuretic pills - likely not diet pills - to help encourage the bloating to come away even after you've changed your diet to reduce sodium intake and you've been drinking more water. I know bodybuilders sometimes use water pills right before a competition so their muscles will stand out more.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          Thank you brightstar ! You know, I just might get a petition going hahaha.

enviroTodd I couldn't agree more. They aren't good for anything. It really bothers me that people can think they're doing something good for their body by shedding excess water. They like that they slim down, but the don't realize the results don't last and you're not doing any favors for your body or you self-image in the longrun.

Comment

Working...
          X