Get up often to lose weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get up often to lose weight

Just a word of advice. If you want to lose weight, don’t just think you can go for your 30 minute workout and stay idle the rest of the day. You’re really just going to hurt yourself overall if you do. It’s bad for your health but it keeps your metabolism far lower than you’d think. Mini-rant done.

That's actually just really good advice anyway. I have a fitbit and its' shameful how many hours during the day I don't get the minimum 250 steps in an hour. It's really bad. How could my body burn any fat at all during all those hours that I'm doing nothing, nothing , nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
      Just a word of advice. If you want to lose weight, don’t just think you can go for your 30 minute workout and stay idle the rest of the day. You’re really just going to hurt yourself overall if you do. It’s bad for your health but it keeps your metabolism far lower than you’d think. Mini-rant done.
      So, are you saying that we should just get up and move around once in a while or are you saying that we need to workout more? I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post

So, are you saying that we should just get up and move around once in a while or are you saying that we need to workout more? I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean.
        He means that you shouldn't just exercise for 30 minutes a day and expect awesome fat loss results. You need to move around throughout the day. Take breaks, get up off your butt and move around. This could be more exercise or it can be something as simple as walking around for a bit, stretching, jogging on the spot, doing jumping jacks, breaking out into some dance moves, climbing stairs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post

I mean we should get up and move around more. You should work out once a day most days. But this doesn't mean you can sit still for the rest of the day. Move at least 250 steps per hour or equivalent. It's not much but most of us don't do even that.

Comment

Call me skeptical but do a few steps an hour really make a weight difference?

Comment

Working...
            X