Starving yourself doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starving yourself doesn't work

I just wanted to say to all the people starting diets as a new year’s resolution: starving yourself does not work. You’ll never reach your weight loss goal that way.

It's true. No starvation diet can ever work for you, especially long term.

Comment

A great tip Bonnie! You need to eat. Starving yourself will cause fast weight loss to start, but it's not the weight loss you want and you will gain it all back when you start to eat again. Putting your body through those extremes is not good for you. Not only is it counter productive for achieving real weight loss, but it does bad things to your body and can be dangerous for your health. It's actually better to make sure you're never hungry. You'll eat less if you aren't starving all of the time.

Comment

You're right Bonnie, it doesn't work. Staving yourself is also dangerous. Extreme dieting is never the answer for losing weight. Be good to your body and it will be good to you.

Comment

Starvation doesn't work and it makes you feel like total and complete garbage when you do it. Being that hungry affects you both physically and emotionally. So unless you want a whole pile of messy side effects and not keep off any of the weight you lose, I suggest everyone take Bonnie's advice.

Comment

I have lost weight on starvation diet and it always comes back. No matter what that type of diet does, it is always a temporary thing. A lot of it is just water but even if the fat goes with it it always comes back because you can't live like that forever and it messes up the metabolism.

Comment

What's the difference between a starvation diet and a diet that just leaves you feeling hungry because you have to cut back on your calories. Pretty much all the diets that I've ever tried have left me feeling "starving" at some point or another. Is that the same as a starvation diet?

Comment

Originally posted by PennyThoughts View Post
                What's the difference between a starvation diet and a diet that just leaves you feeling hungry because you have to cut back on your calories. Pretty much all the diets that I've ever tried have left me feeling "starving" at some point or another. Is that the same as a starvation diet?
                I think starvation diet actually refers to a diet where your calories or food intake is so low that starvation mode kicks in and your metabolism slows down. I think that's it.

Comment

Working...
                X