How to stick to your weight loss plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stick to your weight loss plan

What are some good tips I can easily follow that can best help me to stick to the weight loss plan I've created for myself? I really want to make the most of it this year!

Good thought to create a list like this for yourself at the start of the year. Gets yourself started on the right foot, right? Ok, here's my tip:

Plan your meals.

Even if you don't plan them all at the start of the week (by the way, if you can, you're awesome and I applaud you!), just make sure you're planning your meals well ahead of eating them. When you're eating breakfast, have your lunch planned (or make your lunch the night before!). In the morning or at least before you're done eating your lunch, plan your dinner. That way, by the time meal time comes around, you'll already know what you're having, how you'll get the ingredients, and how prepping/eating it will work into your schedule. If you leave it until the last minute, you won't have the meat out of the freezer, you'll feel too tired and hungry to think about organizing your ingredients, and you'll just grab that frozen lasagna or you'll call for a pizza delivery. Plan ahead!

Comment

Exercise at the same time every day.

Even if you have part-time work, if you know your schedule in advance, make an exercise plan and stick to it, no matter what the weather is doing outside or how you're feeling, engage in physical activity. Don't give yourself an excuse not to do something. I find that having a fitness tracker really helps me to pay attention to how many steps I've taken and calories burned. I know these devices are not entirely accurate, but they are a good ballpark figure.

Comment

Sleep. If you don't feel tired, you'll feel more like exercising, cooking, eating right and all that. you won't just feel like plopping down and eating whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          Sleep. If you don't feel tired, you'll feel more like exercising, cooking, eating right and all that. you won't just feel like plopping down and eating whatever.
          I completely agree! Every time I get proper rest I always feel way better physically and mentally. I am way more likely to be active, make better choices and hold myself accountable and maintain a positive attitude. Proper sleep really is key!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post

I completely agree! Every time I get proper rest I always feel way better physically and mentally. I am way more likely to be active, make better choices and hold myself accountable and maintain a positive attitude. Proper sleep really is key!
            I sometimes feel like I'm 2 people. The one that is well rested and the one who isn't. When I'm one, I can barely remember what it feels like to be the other one, since it's such a different experience. When I'm well rested, I can't believe that I was so fatigued that even the smallest things were just too tough. I think "why couldn't I just get up and..." do whatever I felt like I just couldn't do. On the other hand, when I'm tired, I feel like "how was it even possible for me to do that so easily?". Such a strange thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

I sometimes feel like I'm 2 people. The one that is well rested and the one who isn't. When I'm one, I can barely remember what it feels like to be the other one, since it's such a different experience. When I'm well rested, I can't believe that I was so fatigued that even the smallest things were just too tough. I think "why couldn't I just get up and..." do whatever I felt like I just couldn't do. On the other hand, when I'm tired, I feel like "how was it even possible for me to do that so easily?". Such a strange thing.
              It is strange and what makes it worse is the fact of how quickly we forget that when we are tired we fell awful. Humans are really strange and broken creatures LOL.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much!! These are all great tips I'm going to do my best to work them all into a routine.

Comment

Working...
                X