What makes me not care sometimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes me not care sometimes?

I'm fully committed to healthy weight loss. I've been doing it for a while and am pretty much hovering near my goal. I really don't have far to go and I'm proud of that.
    Still, even though I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and I do my workouts a lot of the time - not flawlessly, but pretty good - I seem to just lose all control in the evening. My meals are healthy but I eat way more of them than I need. THen I always have dessert and they're not just small portions. I go for it. Why? I know I shouldn't, but at that time, I don't even care. What's going on there? I can't seem to stop it.

I'm no expert, but in my experience, I find when I have that "I don't even care" feeling when I know I should, usually this means that I'm unhappy or stressed about something in my life which makes me feel like I don't need to care about other things because whatever it is that is bothering me requires more of my care and attention. Is there something that's upsetting you or your stressed about? Are you getting enough sleep? Are you maybe bored? Something is causing you to lack the motivation to stop yourself as you want to is my point.

Comment

I think it's just a mood or stress thing. Maybe try changing up your routine or something to make things more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
        I'm no expert, but in my experience, I find when I have that "I don't even care" feeling when I know I should, usually this means that I'm unhappy or stressed about something in my life which makes me feel like I don't need to care about other things because whatever it is that is bothering me requires more of my care and attention. Is there something that's upsetting you or your stressed about? Are you getting enough sleep? Are you maybe bored? Something is causing you to lack the motivation to stop yourself as you want to is my point.
        I agree. It's usually stress from something - being tired, hard day, tough news, etc - that makes me lose my care. The later it gets in the day, the more tired and worn down i get, so the less I care about stuff that won't have an immediate result.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

I agree. It's usually stress from something - being tired, hard day, tough news, etc - that makes me lose my care. The later it gets in the day, the more tired and worn down i get, so the less I care about stuff that won't have an immediate result.
          Totally! I find things are way harder by the time I reach the evening. The morning I star off fresh and full of hope and positivity, but by the end of the day, I'm tired and feeling done with the world. When I get like this, I care less about goals and more about just feeling good.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post

Totally! I find things are way harder by the time I reach the evening. The morning I star off fresh and full of hope and positivity, but by the end of the day, I'm tired and feeling done with the world. When I get like this, I care less about goals and more about just feeling good.
            I guess if that's the way things are then the goal is to do as well as you can for as long as you can so that once you reach the end of the day and don't have much motivation left, there isn't as much room to damage what you've done.

Comment

Working...
            X