Looking for protein tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for protein tips

I want to start eating a salad as a meal per day to help cut down on the amount of calories I eat and also to up my nutrition and fiber. That said I want to include a good source of protein with these salads. Beyond meat and cheese what are some good ways to get protein.

Cut up a hard boiled egg. Sprinkle on some canned salmon. Cut tofu into tiny cubes and fry them up in olive oil - just enough so they don't stick but they brown up good.

Comment

Tree nuts, beans, yogurt, seeds are also some good ideas, even though they contain less protein than meat, fish, and eggs.

Comment

Tofu! Buy the firm kind, cut it into tiny cubes (very satisfying to do!) and either marinate it in olive oil with your favorite herbs and/or spices, or just pan-fry it to make the outside crispy. SO good on salad. It's like little protein-packed croutons. Since I don't like marinating things (Takes too long and I usually make last-minute food decisions), I find it easier to fry up the cubes quickly, then give them a quick dusting of a spice like paprika, ginger powder or even just black pepper while they're still hot so it's more likely to stick. Whatever I feel is good for my salad at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          Tofu! Buy the firm kind, cut it into tiny cubes (very satisfying to do!) and either marinate it in olive oil with your favorite herbs and/or spices, or just pan-fry it to make the outside crispy. SO good on salad. It's like little protein-packed croutons. Since I don't like marinating things (Takes too long and I usually make last-minute food decisions), I find it easier to fry up the cubes quickly, then give them a quick dusting of a spice like paprika, ginger powder or even just black pepper while they're still hot so it's more likely to stick. Whatever I feel is good for my salad at the time.
          Wow that sounds so good! Never heard of that before but I'm definitely gonna give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

Wow that sounds so good! Never heard of that before but I'm definitely gonna give it a try
            That does sound good. Maybe I'll finally like tofu for the first time if I try this

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

That does sound good. Maybe I'll finally like tofu for the first time if I try this
              Maybe! I tried it and it was actually really, really good. I was surprised at how good it was. I never thought I'd like it either.

Comment

Working...
              X