Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't use a celebrity as your motivation for losing weight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't use a celebrity as your motivation for losing weight!

Hi y'all. I just wanted to pass on that it's not a good idea to use a celebrity as your inspiration to lose weight, especially if what you are using for inspiration is a picture of their tone and trim body. You will NEVER have a body that looks like theirs for three very important reasons. 1 - You don't have the same body shape as they do. 2 - You likely don't have the money to drop on having several personal trainers or the time to spend several hours a day working out. 3 - You don't have all of the expensive make-up or a personal stylist to dress you to perfection. Remember, the photos you see of celebrities have been altered and fixed using computer programs to make these people look slimmer, flawless, and better looking. Base the results you want on reality because you'll never achieve a fantasy!

That is SO true. Celebrities who are super skinny really don't lead healthy lifestyles. THey're likely shortening their lives just by being that way. I'd rather be in a normal weight zone and feel great than look perfect like they do and be depressed and feel horrible.

Comment

That is a very good point, JennyR. It's funny that while we do know that celebrities likely only achieve their figures through means that we would never consider for our own lives, and while we know that it is unhealthy, we still view them as the ideal. Consciously, we know that it isn't true but we still seem to have been brainwashed, somehow, into thinking that it is. I'm guilty of it, myself, even though I rationally know that it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        That is a very good point, JennyR. It's funny that while we do know that celebrities likely only achieve their figures through means that we would never consider for our own lives, and while we know that it is unhealthy, we still view them as the ideal. Consciously, we know that it isn't true but we still seem to have been brainwashed, somehow, into thinking that it is. I'm guilty of it, myself, even though I rationally know that it's ridiculous.
        I’m just as guilty as you brightstar. I know it’s stupid to compare myself to a celebrity or want to look as good as they do, but sometimes I still find myself envious. That said, once you do give yourself a bit of a reality check it is so obvious that celebrities are really not as flawless as they appear on TV or in magazines. I mean...take a look at the pictures closely and you’ll notice that none of them have pores...that in itself only goes to show how fake all of it is. IT’s amazing what photoshop and other computer programs can do!

Comment

Good tip, JennyR. Celebrities really are the worst role models for weight loss!!

Comment

Working...
          X