understand food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• understand food

Instead of counting calories, proteins, carbs, fats, and all that, try to understand your food as a whole. Get to know what nutrients are in the foods that you eat. It takes a while but don’t rush it. Just take an interest in what you’re getting from what you eat. You’ll naturally start making better choices once you know.

It's true but that's really hard

Comment

That sounds like a good idea but a lot of work. I don't know how I'd go about finding out what specific nutrients are in the food I eat. I guess if you really want to know that it's best to talk to a dietician or someone who understands food.

Comment

Good tip KraftMan. It’s really not difficult to figure out the nutrients in the food you eat. Read a label and do some research online. Find out what vitamins and minerals are in a serving and check out the salt and sugar content (both natural and added). And remember, sometimes it’s not even so much what you are eating, but how much of it you are ingesting.

Comment

I'm with kittykatt and suzieq. That sound smart but at the same time it sounds like a lot of effort. I really couldn't tell you what nutrients are in the foods I eat unless I studied every one of them. Maybe I should do that, but it's just not realistic. I find it far easier to count calories. Can you recommend an easy way of following your tip, Kraftman?

Comment

Working...
          X