when you are stressed don't turn to food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you are stressed don't turn to food

If you are feeling upset, stressed, depressed, or just not in a good emotional place, you may be like me and others who tend to turn to food for comfort. As you likely know, if you do this, this strategy (whether you are consciously aware of it or not) can really hurt your weight loss efforts. Instead of turning to food for comfort, make a concious effort to distract your mind by engaging in an activity you like that will distract your thoughts. Play a game, read a book, do something active, write in a journal/blog, etc. You are far more likely to bounce back in a happier mood when you don't turn to food

That couldn't be more true but when you're feeling down, doesn't a big gigantic piece of chocolate sound tempting? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
      That couldn't be more true but when you're feeling down, doesn't a big gigantic piece of chocolate sound tempting? LOL

OMG It sooooo does. This is one of my biggest problems. Junk food is my comfort food. A good tip TaraNorth, but a very hard one to follow!

Comment

Why is it that you never feel like sitting down with a bowl of celery or carrots when you are in a funk? No, no, you have to gravitate toward the food with the highest fats LOL. I find that if my hands are active, I am far less likely to eat something. When I'm feeling kind of bleh that's when I play games. It's a great way to distract my thoughts and keep my hands busy at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
          Why is it that you never feel like sitting down with a bowl of celery or carrots when you are in a funk? No, no, you have to gravitate toward the food with the highest fats LOL. I find that if my hands are active, I am far less likely to eat something. When I'm feeling kind of bleh that's when I play games. It's a great way to distract my thoughts and keep my hands busy at the same time.

I know!!! Keeping your hands busy is a good idea. I"m glad I'm not the only one who isn't inspired to eat a bowl of carrots LOL

Comment

Working...
          X