Don't just try to lose weight - do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't just try to lose weight - do it

I find that as humans we often tend to give ourselves too many excuses and we give ourselves the easy way out when things start to become challenging or do not turn out how we would like it. When it comes to weight loss you can't just "try" to lose weight, you need to do it. If you only try, you won't put your full heart and soul into your goal. Do not give yourself any excuses or any ways out. If you want to lose 10 pounds, then lose 10 pounds and do it in a way that you know won't stress out your body. As cliche as it might sound, you really can do anything you put your mind to. Believe in your ability to be awesome

Thats very true jokerzwild. U do need 2 just do it & not just try. I know i made a lot of excuses 4 myself when i first started & it didnt do me any favors. U just have 2 trust ursefl & if u really want something u need 2 find a way 2 make it happen. Learning how 2 manage ur time wisely helps 2!

Comment

Very good point, BabyButtons! This is a similar idea to the importance of goal setting. Saying that you will do your best doesn't actually mean that you will. You need to set a goal and work to achieve it so that you can measure your progress. Your goal can be altered to suit what your best really is, but unless you are challenging yourself and you have a target in mind, all of your energies won't be focused on that purpose.

So that is similar to saying that you are going to do something. You need to go ahead and do it and really apply yourself. There is a big difference between words and action.

Comment

"do it" is something that I tell myself every single time I have any doubt in my mind about whether I should get started on my exercises when I'm feeling tired or whether I should choose the healthier meal, etc. Just using those words and sort of telling yourself off can really get you moving!

Comment

That's a great attitude. Get out and do it if you want to achieve great results! Go for it!

Comment

Good advice. I find I achieve a lot more when I tell my something I have to do something instead of just saying I'm going to try it. Any time I "try" I tend to give up a lot easier because I end up making excuses or I don't take my goals as seriously. So true!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
              Very good point, BabyButtons! This is a similar idea to the importance of goal setting. Saying that you will do your best doesn't actually mean that you will. You need to set a goal and work to achieve it so that you can measure your progress. Your goal can be altered to suit what your best really is, but unless you are challenging yourself and you have a target in mind, all of your energies won't be focused on that purpose.

So that is similar to saying that you are going to do something. You need to go ahead and do it and really apply yourself. There is a big difference between words and action.

Exactly envirotodd! It is 1 thing 2 say something & another 2 actually do it! It takes a lot of belief in urself. Sometimes i think we spend more time thinking about what we want 2 achieve that we dont actually do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                Exactly envirotodd! It is 1 thing 2 say something & another 2 actually do it! It takes a lot of belief in urself. Sometimes i think we spend more time thinking about what we want 2 achieve that we dont actually do anything about it.
                Good point, BabyButtons. While the planning phase is very important, it only has value if it actually encourages a person to get the job done. If you set a whole list of goals and never do anything about them, then all you have done is written a list. You need to take action when you want something. I find that it helps me to feel a lot better about myself when I do it. I think that the best way to do it is that whenever I actually set a goal, I take that first step to achieve it right away. That way it's started. Once it's in progress, it feels less daunting, so I'm more likely to stick to it and keep going than if I don't do anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                X