Plan your lunch the night before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan your lunch the night before

I find that every time I don't make my lunch in advance, I almost always end up eating badly the next day. When I make my lunch the night before for work, I make healthier meal and snack choices. Any time I don't do that, I usually end up eating fast food or frozen meals that I can just quickly nuke. My recommendation, if you are trying to lose weight or manage your weight, is to plan your meals for the next day the night before after you've had dinner. That way, you're not starving when you do and you will make better and healthier choices. It's easiier to make smart decisions, healthier choices and watch your calories when you're not in a hurry and you're not hungry.

A good idea. I also find that when I plan my meals ahead of time, I tend to make better choices. Any time I wait to figure out what to eat and I'm already hungry I always end up making bad choices.

Comment

That's a really clever idea, ChristySmiles. My mother always used to do that when she was making my lunches when I was a kid and I always had something good and healthy (though I would have preferred chocolate and chips haha). I guess we really should learn from our mothers!

Comment

It is really the best idea. I do this for my own child. Maybe we'd be a lot healthier if we took care of ourselves the same way that we take care of those we care about

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
          It is really the best idea. I do this for my own child. Maybe we'd be a lot healthier if we took care of ourselves the same way that we take care of those we care about
          LOL you're right about that. We tell them not to have so many sweets and make their healthy lunches while we eat junk food!

Comment

I'm going to do that this week!

Comment

This is a very good habit but the key to making sure that you do it right is to stop yourself from rushing through making your lunch. If you find that making your lunch the night before becomes a chore then you will be tempted to buy instant meals that you can heat up at work, or packaged products that you can open up without having to prepare them. Those are inevitably filled with salt, sugar, and/or fat and will only cause you more harm than good. You need to think about veggies that are quick to pack (such as baby carrots) fruits that don’t need prep (such as an apple) and simple foods such as whole grain bread with natural peanut butter or no salt added tuna. Those give you your grains, protein, fruits and vegetables.

Comment

Guilty! I admit that I packed a little container of pretzels in my lunch on Friday because I didn't feel like cutting up veggies. I think that we should all have to report here if we bring the wrong things for lunch so that the guilt will force us to behave ourselves I’ll be good this week! Promise!

Comment

Originally posted by eloiselopez
                  Hey, For rapid weight loss, Is it necessary to take heavy and healthy breakfast?

Hi eloiselopez. I don't think it's necessary to have a heavy breakfast for rapid weight loss. Healthy is good, but you don't need to eat a whole bunch of foods just enough of the right ones. I personally make sure I have some fruit and protein (like a boiled egg) and keep my whole grain carbs to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                  X