Protein shakes or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein shakes or not

I’m trying to decide if it is a good idea to follow my workouts with a protein shake or if that is just me falling victim to advertising. Anyone know?

I don't think that protein shakes are much of a good idea unless you're really doing a lot of intense workouts and you really have no chance to eat some good quality protein in actual whole food. The protein in those shakes isn't ideal.

Comment

Like brighstar said, you likely don't need it. Those types of beverages are really only used by bodybuilders.

Comment

I say as long as it doesn't look like there is anything scary in the protein drinks and you're not allergic to any of the ingredients, there's no harm in trying it. You might find that you like the results or it might not do anything for you. As long as there is no harm in trying,...well, then there is no harm in trying lol.

Comment

I personally don't think you should take protein shakes. I don't trust any of that pre-packaged stuff. Obtain the protein you need from real food sources. I have found that when I stop depending less on pre-packaged stuff, I save more money, eat better, and have better weight loss results on the whole.

Comment

I don't think you need a protein shake bethie. Instead of following your exercise with a shake, try a banana. I've personally had some of those protein shakes and I found some of them to do absolutely nothing and others just didn't sit right with me. You might have better luck than I did, but if eating real food isn't a problem for you, I say take that route.

Comment

Working...
            X