If you crave sugar eat fruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you crave sugar eat fruit

I've got a tip for all of you sweet tooths out there. When you are craving something sweet to eat, choose fruit over other treats and goodies that are high in refined fats and sugars. While, at first, the idea of reaching for an apple or pair over a donut, cookie or chocolate might not sound appealing, you'll find that fruit can really satisfy your cravings for something with sugar and it won't overload you with calories and fats.

I second your tip, Freddy. I've found that some fruits satisfy my sugar cravings more than others. I personally really like pineapple, mango and grapes. The sweeter the fruit the better.

Comment

Ya know, I never find that this works for me. I try to be a good boy and eat fruit instead of cookies, but I can eat all of the fruit I want and still want the cookies, too. I think my body just wants sugar, period. It doesn't care if it comes from fruit or other sweets. It wants all of it LOL

Comment

In the winter, if you find that you really aren’t feeling great about pulling fruit out of the fridge and eating it cold then here is what I do. I get some frozen berries when they’re on sale and then when I want something sweet, I pour myself a bowl of them and nuke them until they’re warm. It tastes awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          In the winter, if you find that you really aren’t feeling great about pulling fruit out of the fridge and eating it cold then here is what I do. I get some frozen berries when they’re on sale and then when I want something sweet, I pour myself a bowl of them and nuke them until they’re warm. It tastes awesome!
          good idea except I want to put that on ice cream

Comment

I have a hard time with eating fruit in the winter too. I just find it too cold. But I try anyway lol. It is a good idea though Freddy cause it does work and is way less fat!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post

That's a great idea brightstar. It's really all about not giving yourself an excuse and being willing to try and experiment with new things

Comment

Working...
              X