Weight loss tips when you've got a broken leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss tips when you've got a broken leg

Hey everyone. I got into an accident and broke my leg last week (ouch) and while my cast looks lovely and all, I can't do most of the exercises I've been doing Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can stay in shape and still cut down the fat without being able to use my leg? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that JennyR! There are lots of exercises that you can do while you're sitting down. Lift weights and don't forget that you can still stretch and exercise your other leg. If you're really concerned about what exercises you can safely do, you can always talk to your doctor. Hope you are on the mend soon!

Comment

Oh no! That’s awful, Jenny R! Please write my name on your cast on my behalf

Although I think it’s awesome of you to try to continue to lose weight even with a broken leg, I do think that you deserve to eat at least one brownie or doughnut!

After that, try to eat reasonable portions and let your calories reflect your reduced activity level. Do some floor work if you can. Use a rowing machine with one leg to give your upper half some cardio. Just take things slow as you get into things. Don’t risk hurting yourself more!

Comment

Yikes! I think this is an excuse to not have to exercise

Comment

Thanks for the sympathy and the advice everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
            Thanks for the sympathy and the advice everyone!
            How are you doing? Are things starting to heal up? Have you had any luck with keeping active in any way? We're here for you!

Comment

Working...
            X