Weight loss tips for a teen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss tips for a teen

Hi everyone. My sister recently asked me for advice on how to handle help her daughter manage her weight. My niece is overweight and my sister is looking for ways to encourage her to lose weight without putting negative criticism in her head. Does anyone have any weight loss tips that they can provide that are teenager-friendly? That would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Maybe educate her about what she's putting in her body, teach her to read food labels, so she's more aware of how much salt, sugar and fat that she's eating. Also, it may help to encourage her to be active in ways she may enjoy. For instance, not everyone likes to walk or engage in cardio workouts, but dancing or engaging in a sport may be more interesting.

Comment

I don't know if your sister already does this, but try to make sure that everyone eats as many meals as they can together as a family. This will help her control some of what her daughter eats and she can even get her daughter involved in making some of the food. Also, trying looking for fun and healthy alternatives to snack foods like chips, candy bars, cookies and other junkie treats.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
        I don't know if your sister already does this, but try to make sure that everyone eats as many meals as they can together as a family. This will help her control some of what her daughter eats and she can even get her daughter involved in making some of the food. Also, trying looking for fun and healthy alternatives to snack foods like chips, candy bars, cookies and other junkie treats.
        That's what I was just about to suggest is that the whole family start taking part in healthier eating. At least that can control the meals eaten at home.

Comment

Working...
        X