Find your passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find your passion

I find that when I'm properly motivated, I'm at my best and I'm willing to see something through. When I'm not motivated all tasks feel like a giant chore. When it comes to weight loss, you need to find something your passionate about to help you achieve your exercise and dieting goals. For instance, if you hate walking, but you love swimming, SWIM whenever you can. Variety is important for a healthy diet but make your favorite healthy foods the center of your diet. Track your weight loss efforts if you love statistics, blog about it or vlog about it if you prefer to talk about it or share your experience with others. The point I'm trying to make is that you need to do whatever it is that you need to do to feel good about yourself and stay inspired. The moment you let your weight loss goals become a chore is the moment you're going to start thinking up all the excuses you can give yourself to justify why you couldn't keep up with your goals.

That's really good advice. It's so much easier to stick to somethign when you actually want to do it. It's not always easy to find that motivator and it might change, but it's worth it

Comment

I think that's good advice, too. We have a far bigger shot of following through with something when we're passionate about it and is interesting to us. Just wanting to lose weight isn't really enough to keep most of us motivated, especially when we combine our goal with diets and exercises we don't like.

Comment

I think it doesn't always occur to us to do something that we're passionate about when it comes to weight loss because I tend to think of workouts for example as things I have to hate or they won't work. It's stupid but that's my brain for you!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          I think it doesn't always occur to us to do something that we're passionate about when it comes to weight loss because I tend to think of workouts for example as things I have to hate or they won't work. It's stupid but that's my brain for you!
          That's a good point. I actualyl never thought of it that way but you're right. I tend to think of weight loss as a chore so I wouldn't think that things i actually like to do are going to help me to get to my goal. But when it all comes down to it, anything that lowers your calories or boosts your activities - even the good stuff - will help to work. Dancing is great cardio and watermelon is amazing for a diet. I need to start riding my bike again but I admit that I'm afraid to get going again. I feel like I will need to learn it from scratch and I'm afraid of being hit by a car!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

That's a good point. I actualyl never thought of it that way but you're right. I tend to think of weight loss as a chore so I wouldn't think that things i actually like to do are going to help me to get to my goal. But when it all comes down to it, anything that lowers your calories or boosts your activities - even the good stuff - will help to work. Dancing is great cardio and watermelon is amazing for a diet. I need to start riding my bike again but I admit that I'm afraid to get going again. I feel like I will need to learn it from scratch and I'm afraid of being hit by a car!

I know what you mean Bethie! I also feel like I should get back into bike riding. Once upon a time you couldn't get me off a bike. I used to love the freedom of it but then I stopped it (still not even sure entirely why...) and then I moved and life changed and I just haven't been on it since and now I'm afraid to get back on. I'm afraid to fall or seriously injure myself. And all I can think is "what's wrong with me?!" I was never like that before. ...then again, when I get injured before I healed pretty fast.... anyway, I hope you do get back into bike riding. I'm going to give it a try too

Comment

Working...
            X