Hot weather is making me sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot weather is making me sick

Hi Guys. Looking for advice. The hot weather this year makes me feel sick when I try to exercise. What do I do? It’s making me lose my dieting motivation

That's awful I'd recommend that you do your best to try to exercise in a cool environment. This will likely mean that if you can't cool down your home, you'll need to go somewhere that's air conditioned. You may also want to try other exercises, like swimming, because this can keep you cool. Something else I'd suggest if you walk outdoors, is to keep yourself well hydrated, wear a hat and if at all possible, walk at the cooler points during the day - verry early in the morning or the evening.

Comment

I agree with MeSarah that it may be best if you worked out in cooler environments or perhaps switch up your exercise by going swimming or something like that. Personally, I've found that on super hot days when I feel too sick to workout I just don't. I don't push my body, even if I want to lose weight, because it's just not good for me. I guess the only good think about super hot days that make you feel sick is that while you're not motivated to exercise, you'll also not really motivated to eat either haha. I find it way easier to drink water and eat healthier mostly veggie-foods on these days so I actually ingest fewer calories. Just try not to push yourself and don't give yourself a hard time about it. Look on the bright side!

Comment

Thanks MeSarah, I'll start trying to walk really early in the morning (if I can drag myself out of bed) so I can shower right afterward. I really don't want to go to a gym to exercise and I find mall walkers creepy haha I need to rebuild my confidence before I can go swimming in public.
        Thank you Fireffly 77 I'm trying to look on the birght side but it's really taking its toll on me. I'll keep trying I guess

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          Thanks MeSarah, I'll start trying to walk really early in the morning (if I can drag myself out of bed) so I can shower right afterward. I really don't want to go to a gym to exercise and I find mall walkers creepy haha I need to rebuild my confidence before I can go swimming in public.
          Thank you Fireffly 77 I'm trying to look on the birght side but it's really taking its toll on me. I'll keep trying I guess

All you can do is keep trying brightstar. The hot weather will break at some point. Here's another suggestion for you. When exercising indoors have you tried working out with a fan on you? That might help to keep you cool.

Comment

Working...
          X