Cheat days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat days

I used to believe in cheat days but now I think they're actually more harmful than good. I think they just make us feel inclined to go crazy with food and lazy with exercise and basically ruin all the hard work we've done throughout the rest of the week. I think it's better to just let yourself earn the occasional little fun treat than to have a whole day. Or even if you give yourself a cheat meal once per week instead of a whole cheat day that might work.

I have to agree with you on that enviroTodd. I also think cheat days don't do you any favors when you're trying to lose weight. Every time I have a cheat day I really let loose and don't control anything I eat and I also don't exercise. I find it makes it harder (and even depressing) to have to go back to my regular diet the next day to the point that sometimes I just don't. I also agree that giving yourself the occasional treat is best.

Comment

I was at first going to disagree with your enviroTodd, but the more I thought about it the more I realized you are on to something. The cheat days are a lot of fun to look forward to and are even better when you get to enjoy them but they really do wreck your diet for the rest of the week. Once you're back on track it's time for the cheat day again and the same vicious cycle happens so you don't really see any real progress. I like your idea of a cheat meal. That's much easier to manage like a responsible adult lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
        I was at first going to disagree with your enviroTodd, but the more I thought about it the more I realized you are on to something. The cheat days are a lot of fun to look forward to and are even better when you get to enjoy them but they really do wreck your diet for the rest of the week. Once you're back on track it's time for the cheat day again and the same vicious cycle happens so you don't really see any real progress. I like your idea of a cheat meal. That's much easier to manage like a responsible adult lol.
        Thank you. I swore by cheat days for a long time and it only ended up reinforcing my bad eating habits and bad relationship with food. It made me think that I was suffering so I could go back to what I like. Instead, having a cheat meal has forced me to discover how to really enjoy eating properly and then I still get my treat "junk" food once per week if I want it, too. Over time, I've forgotten about having a cheat meal because I don't really need it. So that way, I can have my "cheat meal" when I want it because it's very rare anyway. I just really enjoy the healthful food I eat.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Thank you. I swore by cheat days for a long time and it only ended up reinforcing my bad eating habits and bad relationship with food. It made me think that I was suffering so I could go back to what I like. Instead, having a cheat meal has forced me to discover how to really enjoy eating properly and then I still get my treat "junk" food once per week if I want it, too. Over time, I've forgotten about having a cheat meal because I don't really need it. So that way, I can have my "cheat meal" when I want it because it's very rare anyway. I just really enjoy the healthful food I eat.

Wow...I gotta say I'm really envious. I wish I like healthy food as much as you do. I have a really hard time sticking to my diet because I don't really like vegetables and I only like a couple of types of fruit. I don't know...the flavors and the textures just don't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

Wow...I gotta say I'm really envious. I wish I like healthy food as much as you do. I have a really hard time sticking to my diet because I don't really like vegetables and I only like a couple of types of fruit. I don't know...the flavors and the textures just don't do it for me.
            I feel the same way but I"m changing. I'm learning to cook. It turns out that when you know how to cook - like really know how - healthy food tastes amazing. But learning it takes time. So far I have two really amazing healthy recipes haha.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

I feel the same way but I"m changing. I'm learning to cook. It turns out that when you know how to cook - like really know how - healthy food tastes amazing. But learning it takes time. So far I have two really amazing healthy recipes haha.

Really? That's awesome. Do you care to share what those recipes are?

Comment

Originally posted by JokerzWild View Post

Really? That's awesome. Do you care to share what those recipes are?
                Yes, and maybe a few cooking tips while you're at it. I'm the master of ruining perfectly good recipes. I think it's my cooking that needs help

Comment

Working...
                X