Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good strength training routine while watching tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good strength training routine while watching tv?

I think the best shot I'll have at a strength training routine Ill do regularly is one I'll do while watching tv. So something that will let me do stuff but still see the screen and pay attention. Anyone have a recommendation for something I can complete for a show that's around 20 minutes long? I'm not extremely fit, but I'm okay.

Anything with hand weights is good in my opinion. Just make sure you don't get so lost in the show that you don't pay attention to form. Otherwise, you could hurt yourself. Also, if you're on a couch next to someone else, make sure you won't end up slugging them with the weight!

Comment

Write down a list of exercises you want to use for your target area of the day. So maybe it's legs. You can then use the list to guide you as you do burpees, squats, and so on. Same goes for hand weights for your arms, or for core exercises like bridges, crunches, more burpees, planks, etc. Write it down so you don't have to think, just do the moves and count as you watch your show.

Comment

Every day choose a different part of the body - legs, core, arms, etc - and do exercises focusing on that part during your show. That way, you end up working everything while giving each part enough time to recover before you work it again.

Comment

I always liked doing sit-ups or push-ups or whatever during commercials. I'd keep doing them for as long as each commercial ran...but with no comercials, the motivation to move around is way down LOL

Comment

Anything that is quiet and lets you keep facing the screen works. I find things like squats are much easier when you're focused on form but not on how hard they are. If I'm wrapped up into a show, I still make sure Im doing them right so I don't hurt myself, but then I just try to pay attention to the show so I'll get in a few more before I just can't do them anymore. Mind and tv over matter!

Comment

Working...
            X