tips to get active again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips to get active again

I'm planning to be a lot more active once the weather gets nicer. I haven't been completely sedentary, but I haven't really been all that active. WHat are good steps for me to do now so that I can jump right into it when the weather gets better?

Go for a walk most days, do some yoga at least once a week - on the weekend on a day you don't walk, for example - and do some strength training moves, even if you're just lifting some hand weights for a few minutes while you watch TV

Comment

I find that parking farther away from the store than the closest spot helps me get more steps, getting a basket instead of a cart (if all my items will fit) helps me use my muscles a bit while I shop and doing a 10 minute yoga video before bed helps me stretch (and sleep better). These are great ways that have worked for me to ease a bit of activity into my life more. I also walk to my mailbox instead of stopping there on the way home in my car.

Comment

Start with absolutely anything that feels achievable. Even if it's just for five or ten minutes. The key is to make a habit out of it. You can always grow it from there but it's the habit you need or it will never stick.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
          Start with absolutely anything that feels achievable. Even if it's just for five or ten minutes. The key is to make a habit out of it. You can always grow it from there but it's the habit you need or it will never stick.
          Good point. It really is about making sure you'll keep it up. Start at a manageable level and grow at a manageable level

Comment

Do you have a friend who wants to get active too? You could walk with them or do a class with them and then you'll have more fun and you'll be motivated to keep it up because you won't want to let yourself or your friend down.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
              Do you have a friend who wants to get active too? You could walk with them or do a class with them and then you'll have more fun and you'll be motivated to keep it up because you won't want to let yourself or your friend down.
              I agree. I jog with a friend and it makes the time go by much faster. Good time to catch up too.

Comment

I find coffee or diet pills with caffeine help give me energy so I feel like doing something active. I do it a half hour before I want to get up and moving.

Comment

Working...
                X