Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yummy Mimosa Salad

Hey ya’ll!

Just wanted to share with you one of my favorite low cal and low fat salad recipes! It’s called Mimosa Salad. It’s very healthy, very easy to make, and super tasty!

Ingredients:

8 slices of turkey breast cut in ½ inch strips
    ¼ cup of fat free Italian dressing
    1 egg
    4 cups of iceburg lettuce (or whatever lettuce of your choice) thinly sliced
    1 sweet red pepper
    2 green onions, sliced thin and on a diagonal

Instructions:

Boil the egg, turn off the heat, and let it stand for 10 minutes. Drain the water and then submerge the egg in cold water for about 10 minutes (or until it’s completely cool). Peel the egg and chop it up finely. Set the egg aside.

In a bowl, toss the remaining ingredients together with the dressing. Pile up the mixed ingredients on a plate in a mound. Sprinkle the eggs on top and serve.

Nutritional info:

100 cal
    1.5g fat
    520 mg of sodium
    8g carbs
    2g fiber
    12 g protein

** keep in mind that the above nutritional info will vary depending on the products and ingredients you use!

Enjoy

mmm that recipe actually sounds really good. Thanks for that JennyR. I'm gonna give that one a try!

Comment

Thank you for posting this, JennyR. I was just looking for something to serve on a hot day to guests that I have coming over. This is perfect way to serve something that looks showy that is tasty but that doesn't sacrifice nutrition or my calorie max for the day haha.

Comment

Thank you for this JennyR! I always like trying new salad recipes. I also really like that you included the nutritional info. I always find it frustrating when you're trying to watch your weight and you run into all of these great "healthy" or "weight loss" recipes and they don't tell you how much fat, calories, etc. are in the portion size.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
          I also really like that you included the nutritional info. I always find it frustrating when you're trying to watch your weight and you run into all of these great "healthy" or "weight loss" recipes and they don't tell you how much fat, calories, etc. are in the portion size.
          You really have a point there. That makes a difference. It's all well and good for someone to say that something is healthy or that it is low in fats or calories or whatever, but when you can actuallly see the nutritional info, then you can check for yourself and know that it's right for your own specific diet. It's hard enough to lose weight, so keeping on top of that stuff is important.

Comment

This tastes really good with chicken, too

Comment

• JennyR
              JennyR commented
              Editing a comment
              I completely agree TammyBear! In fact, I've even tried it with fish and it's good

Why is this called a mimosa salad? Is it because it's good with champagne and orange juice? ha ha

Comment

• JennyR
              JennyR commented
              Editing a comment
              HAHAHA that's a good question KittyKatt! I don't actually know why it's called that. Never really gave much thought to it. All I know is it tastes great. Maybe next time I'll enjoy it with some champagne and oj lol

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
            Why is this called a mimosa salad? Is it because it's good with champagne and orange juice? ha ha
            I believe it is called Mimosa salad because when the egg is added to the salad it looks something like yellow mimosa flowers. Personally, I don't see it, but that salad is good so who cares

Comment

Good recipe. Tried it tonight and really liked it. Got any more good salad recipes JennyR?

Walter125 - dude what are you talking about? What do you mean by "simple vegetables"? Don't you add any dressing to your salads? What kind of boring salads do you make Please tell me you don't just eat naked lettuce lol!

Comment

• JennyR
                JennyR commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha sure thing, Speddemon! I’m glad you liked the salad!
            Working...
            X