how much can you rely on selfies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much can you rely on selfies?

I’ve been taking pictures of myself every week and I’m not sure how trustworthy the images are. Some pictures make me look bigger and some make me look smaller, even though I’m taking the pic in the same way and I wear the same outfit. Am I really changing shape or are selfies really not reliable?

I really wouldn't think that selfies are good. The slightest angle change and you look entirely different

Comment

Selfies should help you as a motivational tool and just to document your progress. they're not "scientific" or accurate though

Comment

Selfies are really not accurate enough to base your success on. Just use them as one of many tools

Comment

I agree, Pennythoughts. That's the way to think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
            I really wouldn't think that selfies are good. The slightest angle change and you look entirely different

So very true! I agree with what everyone else said too. They are good for motivation but really if you want the best before and after weight loss photos it may be better to have someone else take them or to program a camera to take them for you using a picture delay setting.

Comment

I don't think you can rely on them. Personally, I've never liked a single selfie I've taken of myself. It's too hard to take a picture of your when you are holding a camera. I find I'm way too shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
                I don't think you can rely on them. Personally, I've never liked a single selfie I've taken of myself. It's too hard to take a picture of your when you are holding a camera. I find I'm way too shaky.
                LOL I know what you mean. So many of my pictures of me are off to the side or are straight up my nose!

Comment

Working...
                X