Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - Do online before and after photos influence you to buy weight loss products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Do online before and after photos influence you to buy weight loss products?

Hi Everyone! I'm curious. When you are interested in trying a weight loss program, diet, or are considering purchasing a product (i.e. diet pills), do the before and after shots they show of the people who supposedly lost weight after taking the products, or who underwent the diets, etc., influence your decisions to buy? Personally, I don't really believe the photos are true, but I will admit that they do influence me, only because I am hoping to lose weight and I want to see the dramatic difference lol. So, I'm more likely to buy into something that shows before and after photos. What about the rest of you?
    Yes, before and after photos influence my purchase
    33.33%
    No, before and after photos do not influence my purchase
    66.67%

No, they don't influence me. In fact, I find them a little insulting and laughable at the same time. I don't believe any of those photos. They're all ridiculous. I bet half of those skinny models that are used have never had to worry about weight loss before. They just have them stand in a pair of XXXL jeans and snap the shot...and we're supposed to believe that the man with the 6 pack and the woman with the ultra tiny waist once fit into those pants, ya right .

Comment

no! Tons of those photos are taken from websites that just sell them. They take pictures of before and after weight loss and sell the rights to them to companies who sell pills or exercise equipment, even though the person in the picture may never have even heard of the product they claim to have used to lose weight. In fact, some of the sites (not all) actually have a little disclaimer or whatever the word is, that says that the pictures are just examples and aren't actually of real customers who lost weight because of the product. I think that's really crazy, but it's really common practice!

Comment

I wouldn't say that they consciously influence my decision because I know that they're a pile of bull, pretty much. But I bet the image does have some sort of subconscious impact in some way that makes it so that I feel just a bit more inclined to believe the rest of the mumbo jumbo that is printed on the page, like complicated sounding ingredients and body processes that I don't understand haha. I think my brain latches onto the pictures because those I can actually get!

Comment

No way. Even the legitimate ones are under the best possible circumstances and almost never represent the typcial results.

Comment

I know they aren't actually real, but I still like to see them and I want to believe that I could look that hot too. I know that's really shallow, but it's a motivator for me. That said, it really depends on the product and how believable the picture looks.

Comment

No, they don't influence me. The pictures are nice to look at and everything, but nothing about them is real.

Comment

I like to look at them, but they don't actually influence me. They really have a "too good to be true" vibe about them.

Comment

No, they don't. Nothing about them seems remotely real. Anyone who has ever been a large size and who has tried to lose weight and has lost it knows that when you do drop in sizes, you don't suddenly have a beautifully toned body. It take a lot of work to get rid of the excess flab, even after the weight is gone. Furthermore, when you lose weight, you change sizes, not shapes!

Comment

Yes, I ♥ them. I don care if they r real or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                      Yes, I ♥ them. I don care if they r real or not.
                      how can you not care if they are real or not when it comes to making a buying decision? If I took a fake picture of a fat person and a skinny person then doesn't it mean that I could be lying about the product, too? I could sell you anything!

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                        No, they don't. Nothing about them seems remotely real. Anyone who has ever been a large size and who has tried to lose weight and has lost it knows that when you do drop in sizes, you don't suddenly have a beautifully toned body. It take a lot of work to get rid of the excess flab, even after the weight is gone. Furthermore, when you lose weight, you change sizes, not shapes!
                        That's just how I feel about it. Plus, I don't know if you've ever lost a lot of weight, but I have and you get a lot of saggy skin. None of the photos ever feature loose skin and stretch marks haha

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
                          Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                          That's just how I feel about it. Plus, I don't know if you've ever lost a lot of weight, but I have and you get a lot of saggy skin. None of the photos ever feature loose skin and stretch marks haha
                          LOL so gross but so true. It's a shame that you can't just enjoy weight loss for what it is. no no, it has to give you gross sagging skin and ruin it!

Comment

Pictures can give you knowledge about your weight loss that the scale can't. Comparing images can tell you where the fat is reducing and where it is not, as well as where you are adding muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                              Pictures can give you knowledge about your weight loss that the scale can't. Comparing images can tell you where the fat is reducing and where it is not, as well as where you are adding muscle.
                              This is true enviroTodd, but what does your statement have to do with the poll? It's not about pictures you take of yourself, but ones that are used for advertising purposes. Those pictures are not realistic and do not tell you squat about where you will actually lose weight or add muscle. They're just pictures of skinny models wearing pants they never owned in their life that are 3x their size!

Comment

Working...
                              X