Raw food diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw food diet?

Is this diet actually about eating food that's raw? Including stuff you'd usually cook, like meat? Or is it referring to eating raw fruits and vegetables. I hope it's the latter...because if it's about eating raw meat, wouldn't it make you sick????

There's more than one kind. Most have to do with eating things that are typically eaten raw - fruits, veggies, grains, beans, etc. Some take it so far as to include items like sushi-grade fish and some meats. The meats are allowed to be very lightly cooked and so only certain types or cuts are permitted.

Comment

I thought it was pretty much about focusing your diet on naturally raw foods, too, like vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts and that sort of thing. I wouldn't trust any diet that tells you to eat raw meat. Raw meat and fish just isn't something I'd mess around with, unless you were a person who really understood food.

Comment

I think the raw food diet lets you lightly cook your foods as long as they don't go above a certain temperature. I think If I were to eat raw fish or raw meat I'd do it at a good restaurant that knows what they're doing. Going for that sort of thing at home is asking for bacteria and parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          I think the raw food diet lets you lightly cook your foods as long as they don't go above a certain temperature. I think If I were to eat raw fish or raw meat I'd do it at a good restaurant that knows what they're doing. Going for that sort of thing at home is asking for bacteria and parasites.
          Thanks. That's what I was sort of worried about. I think I'll avoid this one. I know a lot of people rave about it, but anything other than raw produce and grains sort of freaks me out LOL.

Comment

I feel like I'm a bit stupid asking this question, but isn't the raw food diet meant for dogs? Or is there a human one, too?

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
              I feel like I'm a bit stupid asking this question, but isn't the raw food diet meant for dogs? Or is there a human one, too?
              There are raw food diets for both humans and people (though they don't follow the same rules LOL). Mostly the human one involves following a raw plant-based diet (fruits and vegetables). It may also include raw eggs and diary or raw fish or very lightly cooked meat (depending on what you're following). I would recommend just going vegetarian if you want to do a raw food diet and I'd steer clear of eating any fish, meat or dairy raw unless you are getting the stuff from a safe place and know exactly how to eat it raw.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

There are raw food diets for both humans and people (though they don't follow the same rules LOL). Mostly the human one involves following a raw plant-based diet (fruits and vegetables). It may also include raw eggs and diary or raw fish or very lightly cooked meat (depending on what you're following). I would recommend just going vegetarian if you want to do a raw food diet and I'd steer clear of eating any fish, meat or dairy raw unless you are getting the stuff from a safe place and know exactly how to eat it raw.
                That sounds like the food poisoning diet to me. I can see that going very wrong, very fast . I mean, if it's hard to get romaine lettuce that isn't recalled this year, I'm not going to try to eat undercooked meat or fish, just assuming that the grocery store is right that it's safe.

Comment

Working...
                X