Dumb Diets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Diets

The other day I ran across a diet called "The Drunk Diet" that I thought was a joke until I found out that people were actually dumb enough to use it to lose weight. How does it work you wonder. Oh, it's simple! You just replace food with alcohol and exercise every day, regardless of whether you are hungover or not. Apparently you drink until you're wasted, pass out, wake up and eat some high fat food (i.e. a burger) and then exercise... That's about the dumbest diet I've ever heard of, and I've heard some pretty stupid things that people will do to lose weight.

I'm inviting everyone to share the dumbest diets they've ever heard of. Think you can trump "The Drunk Diet"?

Have you heard of the "air diet"? I heard that Madonna did it for a while. It was one of those diets that was linked to a lot of celebrities, but who knows if they actually did it. The premise is that you cook up a whole meal, serve it to yourself, put a bite on your fork, sniff it, and then do it again. You don't actually eat the food. I guess once you're done with the food, you just throw it out. I think they could probably rename this diet to "Suicide" or the "I'm dumb enough to try anything diet" l)

Anyone else have one?

Comment

The diet that catwoman had to do for the last batman movie was awful. So that she'd look good in her suit, she had to workout like crazy and also eat pretty much only hummus and radishes and that's it in a day! Anne Hathaway had a really hard time with it. She hated it. She had a lot of bad symptoms and felt weak and dizzy a lot. SOme of the things people do to lose weight are just crazy!

Comment

One of the dumbest diets I've heard about is the vinegar diet. Yup...you drink vinegar to lose weight. 1 - YUCK, 2- YUCK, and 3 - WHAT?!? and one more YUCK cause ewww. Seriously what braniacks come up with these stupid diets - worse still - who is dumb enough to try them??? I mean there is being desperate and then there is being crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
          One of the dumbest diets I've heard about is the vinegar diet. Yup...you drink vinegar to lose weight. 1 - YUCK, 2- YUCK, and 3 - WHAT?!? and one more YUCK cause ewww. Seriously what braniacks come up with these stupid diets - worse still - who is dumb enough to try them??? I mean there is being desperate and then there is being crazy!
          I heard about a diet really similar to that. Instead of drinking regular vinegar, you drink apple cider vinegar. It sounds completely disgusting. WOuldn't that make everything that you ate afterward taste really gross? Maybe that's the trick. You mess up your taste buds enough that you don't want to eat anything at all! Killing the whole food experience must be the secret to giving in to hunger pangs. Having to drink vinegar every time you eat would probably create a negative association with food, too...hmmm, maybe that really stupid dumb diet is on to something

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of Dr. bernstein? That diet is called "medically supervised" but as far as I can tell, it's just lab techs or nurses who give you shots so that you can still get the nutrients you need instead of eating them. The calorie limit every day is extremely low, so you are truly feeling like you're starving most of the time. I don't see how this would be any benefit except in the really short term and then you'll balloon up the first time you have a normal meal again! Not worth all of the hunger and pain!!

Comment

Wow, those are some pretty dumb diets! I think one of the dumbest diets I ever heard about was the KEN (Ketogenic Enteral Nutrition Diet. Crazy people who do this diet get hooked up to a feeding tube through the nose for ten days and get the "nutrition" they need fed directly to their stomachs. They can detach themselves from the tube for short periods throughout the day just to drink water or have herbal tea or whatever, but have to stay hooked up to the tube otherwise. I heard that this was a fad diet among a lot of brides who wanted to lose weight fast. DUMB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                Wow, those are some pretty dumb diets! I think one of the dumbest diets I ever heard about was the KEN (Ketogenic Enteral Nutrition Diet. Crazy people who do this diet get hooked up to a feeding tube through the nose for ten days and get the "nutrition" they need fed directly to their stomachs. They can detach themselves from the tube for short periods throughout the day just to drink water or have herbal tea or whatever, but have to stay hooked up to the tube otherwise. I heard that this was a fad diet among a lot of brides who wanted to lose weight fast. DUMB!!!
                That's weird, I JUST finished reading about that. I'm sorry, but no wedding is worth a feeding tube! Especially cuz half end up in divorce, anyway. Can you imagine if you went on a feeding tube to look great in a bridal gown and then just ended up getting divorced inside of 3-7 years? UGH And if HE wants you to do it, don't marry him in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X