Eating Better Meat for Better Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Better Meat for Better Weight Loss

I recently learned that all meat is not created equal. I always knew there were different grades of meat and there's organic and not, but what I recently came across is pasture raised and the difference that makes. It's huge. In nutrition, flavor, texture, and even eating a smaller amount and getting fuller. This is not nonsense. It's incredible. I thought it was just a marketing tactic until I tried it. I'm amazed.

Really? I just thought that all meat wasn't created equal because of the different cuts and how its processed. I would never think that eating pasture raised meat could actually make you fuller faster. I get that it would probably taste far better than the stuff you get at the local grocery store, but that's interesting that you get fuller off a smaller amount. Do you have a local farm that you go to?

Comment

Seriously? I thought it was just a matter of how the animals are treated.How do you get this stuff? I can't find it in my supermarket. Is it just not labeled? Is there a special section or something?

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
        Seriously? I thought it was just a matter of how the animals are treated.How do you get this stuff? I can't find it in my supermarket. Is it just not labeled? Is there a special section or something?
        Something tells me that you need to buy it directly from the people who produce it, so probably a local farm or something. Maybe do an online search with you location or visit a local farmers market...those are probably the best ways to come across that sort of meat. BTW if you can find it, the meat does taste really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post

Something tells me that you need to buy it directly from the people who produce it, so probably a local farm or something. Maybe do an online search with you location or visit a local farmers market...those are probably the best ways to come across that sort of meat. BTW if you can find it, the meat does taste really good.
          I agree. I don't even think that it's trustworthy to see the labels in grocery stores. I mean, If the stuff isn't strictly regulated then they can label anything at all. LIke if pasture raised isn't an official industry term that needs certification, anyone can put that on their food label. I do'nt have a lot of confidence in food labels at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

I agree. I don't even think that it's trustworthy to see the labels in grocery stores. I mean, If the stuff isn't strictly regulated then they can label anything at all. LIke if pasture raised isn't an official industry term that needs certification, anyone can put that on their food label. I do'nt have a lot of confidence in food labels at the moment.
            I agree. I feel like you can't trust food labels either. I'm also getting frustrated when they try to market something as being "healthy" or good for you and you read the ingredients and it's just full of a bunch of garbage and isn't good for you at all. I wish things were more transparent when it came to food.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post

I agree. I feel like you can't trust food labels either. I'm also getting frustrated when they try to market something as being "healthy" or good for you and you read the ingredients and it's just full of a bunch of garbage and isn't good for you at all. I wish things were more transparent when it came to food.
              YES! the word "healthy" on food means nothing. It's completely unregulated. I almost wish they weren't allowed to write anything on a product other than what's inside. They have the name of the product, plus its contents and other relevant info (weight, where it was made, etc) and that's it. Otherwise, it's just lies about food - which is technically a health product.

Comment

Agreed! "Healthy", "Diet", "good for you", "high in fiber", "high in protein", etc. are all things that should be left off of prepackaged foods. These words mislead people into thinking that by eating the food they are making a safe, nutritious and healthy choice, meanwhile, these foods tend to be high in salt and loaded with sugar and are not nutrient-dense at all.

That said, I had no idea that eating better meat could be good for weight loss. I want to look more into this.

Comment

I just try to eat more whole foods and less packaged foods and stop focusing on individual ingredients. When all is said and done, in 10 years, they will say that all the things we think about nutrition today will be wrong, so we may as well just stick to the basics and not eat too much junk.

Comment

Working...
                  X