hunger and cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunger and cravings

I’ve seen a lot of diet pills saying that they cut hunger and they cut cravings. Aren’t those sort of the same thing? Do all diet pills that cut hunger also cut cravings? What’s the difference between these things?

I think that hunger and cravings are two separate things. They probably are connected, but they're not exactly the same. so I guess diet pills would consider them two separate benefits.

Comment

They are definitely related. If something controls your hunger it should also control your cravings, because you don't typically tend to crave food unless you're hungry. I would imagine most diet pills that help to suppress your appetite would also help reduce cravings because of this fact.

Comment

I agree with JennyR. They're pretty much the same thing in terms of a diet pill. Any pill that will suppress your appetite should also help with cravings.

Comment

The difference between hunger and cravings is that when you're hungry you want something to eat, when you've got a craving, you want a specific thing to eat. You don't necessarily need to feel hungry to have a craving. Therefore, if you take a diet pill that suppresses your hunger, you may feel less hungry, but this doesn't mean you won't crave the foods you like/want anymore. For instance, you can be full but still crave a cookie and eat it, even though your body doesn't need it. So, a diet pill the cuts hunger won't necessarily cut cravings.

Comment

No. Just because a diet pill will reduce your hunger, it doesn't mean that it will also reduce your cravings. While it may reduce your cravings for food in general by making you feel less hungry, it won't stop you from craving a specific kind of food. It's up to you to ignore cravings and make the right food choices.

Comment

They are two different things. A diet pill may be able to help you to control cravings just because it has reduced your hunger, but it also may not. It depends on the reason behind your cravings. For example, when you're extremely hungry, you tend to crave fattier foods, so shrinking your appetite can help to ease that from happening. But if you tend to crave potato chips in the evening when you watch tv, that won't be related to hunger. That's related to habit or other things

Comment

Working...
              X