Get up to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get up to date

So here’s an idea I’ve had. You know your to do list? Start doing it! All those things you’ve been putting off are actually ways to get you up from your chair so that you’re burning just a bit more calories. Clean out the inside of your car, scrub the bathroom from top to bottom, or take back all of those special disposables like paint cans to the right place so your garage will have more space!

LOL I feel that way every time I get out the vacuum and make sure that I have gone over every inch. Make sure that you do a good job and you'll burn more calories! no cutting corners!

Comment

Good idea! I think the only thing I would add is to not overdo it. Don't try to complete everything on you to do list at once. Concentrate on completing one or two things instead of ten, for example. If you're feeling motivated to do it all, by all means, don't stop yourself. But don't overwhelm yourself at the start or you'll continue to avoid it. That's one of my biggest struggles is I make my to-do list too huge and it's daunting.

Comment

I hate cleaning the bathrooms in my home, but I have to say, when I do, I can really work up a sweat, mostly because I just want to get it over with lol

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
          I hate cleaning the bathrooms in my home, but I have to say, when I do, I can really work up a sweat, mostly because I just want to get it over with lol
          Cleaning the bathroom really is one of the bet ways to burn calories. I always get overheated and sweaty from it. I have a big soaker tub and I have to practically do acrobatics to get it all clean. It also has very high walls and the top gets scummy and mildew from the steam so I'm always climbing all around. I think when I lose the weight I'm joining the circus haha

Comment

If you want to get even more from your chores in terms of exercise and fat burning, play really upbeat music. You'll be more likely to move to the beat. Let yourself dance while you vacuum and mop! You'll also feel better

Comment

Working...
            X