How do I kill my sweet tooth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I kill my sweet tooth?

I am doing great getting my diet under control so I can lose weight except for my sweet tooth. It's like I lose all control. It's driving me crazy. How do I stop eating sweet things and craving them when I'm not eating them. Thanks in advance.

Good question. I've heard the rule of thumb is to really stick it out for 3 miserable days without sugary treats and after that, something rebalances in your body and your cravings will drop. You won't get them back unless you have a bunch of sugar again.

Comment

I've heard of the three day rule, too. I have also found that drinking more water (as silly as I know it sounds) helps me to get over a sweet tooth. If I feel a craving for candy, I chug down some water. Not a huge amount, but a good amount. Something that makes me feel like i'm hydrating. Then I wait 10 minutes. Usually, by that time, I've forgotten and have moved on to something else. If it comes back, I do the same thing.

Comment

I've never heard of the three day rule. Does it really work? Does it work for only some people or for everyone? If it works, does anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
          I've never heard of the three day rule. Does it really work? Does it work for only some people or for everyone? If it works, does anyone know why?
          I've never heard of the three day rule either. I've heard of it for smoking. Is it similar for other habits like that?

Comment

Drink a ton of water. It works well to help keep your sweet tooth under control. Also, still give yourself some sweet foods, just choose alternatives to junk. Berries, oranges, that kind of thing is great for you and it tastes sweet at the same time!

Comment

Track your food and monitor how much sugar you're getting. I find i naturally keep myself more accountable when I do that.

Comment

I'd say drink lots of water and create specific rules about when you can have added sugar and how much. Have you tried these tips yet? How's it going?

Comment

Working...
                X