Too much tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much tv?

Are you watching too much TV? It might actually be hurting your ability to lose weight. It isn’t that TV itself causes weight gain. But the average American watches nearly the same number of hours every week that they work! If you cut back one hour of TV per day, what else could you be doing for your health and weight loss, instead? Could you prepare better meals? Could you exercise more? It’s where I found the time to get my life in order. I thought I’d share

I don't think i watch that much TV. i probably watch 2 or 3 hours every night but that's my relaxing time. I think I'd drop if I filled every minute of my life with doing something

Comment

Do people really watch that much tv? I think I might track how much I watch this week!

Comment

Wow...that is a lot of TV watching. I admit, there are some days when I watch TV more than others, but I don't think I watch as many hours as I work in a week. How could you possibly have time to do anything else with sleep, work and watching TV???

Comment

I can admit that I watch too much TV for my own good, but I don't watch THAT much. I agree with FIreFly77, how could anyone who watches that much tv possibly find the time to do anything else???

Comment

Ya we all watch probably way too much TV than we should haha. I will be the first to admit that after a long day of work I'm happy to just chill in front of the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
              Ya we all watch probably way too much TV than we should haha. I will be the first to admit that after a long day of work I'm happy to just chill in front of the TV.
              If you're the first to admit it, I can be the second. I'd say three out of five work nights, I come home, make dinner, and then just eat in front of the TV and stay there until I'm pretty much ready for bed. I'm just so tired at the end of the day!

Comment

TroyBurger and PamelaPoison, do you find that you don't have enough time to do the things that you want because of your TV? I'm not judging, I'm trying to decide if I watch too much, too.

Comment

Wow, that is a lot TV watching! How do people have that much time to watch that much TV? I don't think I'd get ever get anything done.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyThoughts View Post
                    TroyBurger and PamelaPoison, do you find that you don't have enough time to do the things that you want because of your TV? I'm not judging, I'm trying to decide if I watch too much, too.

I certainly wouldn't have enough time to do anything if I just watched TV like that every day, but I don't make a daily habit of it. I tend to find that some days I watch more TV than others primarily because those are the days that have most of the shows I like watching. Thankfully, there is a lot of crap TV, so I don't care about watching a lot of it. But ya, on days when I watch a lot of TV I don't get much done. However, I do try to make those days laundry days. That way I'm at least getting some chores done. It's not hard to fold and watch TV at the same time. It also prevents you from snacking while watching television lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X