Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can red pepper flakes actually help with weight loss through hunger suppression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can red pepper flakes actually help with weight loss through hunger suppression?

Hey everyone, I recently read a very interesting thing about Red Pepper Flakes. Apparently, when you eat them early in the morning, they help to lower the amount of food you eat for the rest of the day. Does anyone know if this is true, or if it's a myth? I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know my experience after I've done it for a few days.

I've heard something different. I've never really tried it because I can't tolerate a lot of heat in my food, but I heard that it gives you a pretty good, but short term calorie burning boost. I think it's supposed to work especially great when you eat it before you do a cardio workout so that you can amp up your fat burning. I've never heard of it being a hunger killer, but then again I haven't really looked into it too much. Maybe it has a lot of benefits.

Comment

Hmmm interesting, I've never heard about red pepper flakes having any weight loss benefits at all. This is good news for me, as I tend to like spice and peppery flavours. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the input Tony1968 and KittyKat.

Comment

Red pepper flakes, really? Darn! Too bad I don't like pepper. If only they could make this same discovery with chocolate lol

Comment

Don't get your hopes up too high guys. I have tried the red pepper flakes for weight loss thing and it really doesn't lead to hunger suppression nor does it really give you a calorie burning boost. In my experience, other than tasting good, it doesn't do much.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
            Red pepper flakes, really? Darn! Too bad I don't like pepper. If only they could make this same discovery with chocolate lol
            Chillis and chocolate go very well together. Maybe you can sprinkle some chili powder onto your chocolate desserts and burn off those calories faster LOL

Comment

Unfortunately I've tried this one and it really doesn't work as an appetite suppressant. Hunger pangs are my CURSE!

Comment

Myth. Red pepper flakes taste great. That's about it pal.

Comment

Shoot! THat would have been the most awesome weight loss and it would finally help me to get my girlfriend to start eating hot and spicy food!

Comment

If you eat scrambled egg whites with red pepper flakes on them for your breakfast in the morning and then go for a jog or a run, then you will increase your metabolism so your cardio exercise will burn more fat. I don't know if it's enough to actually lose more weight every week, but at least there's some flavor to your scrambled egg whites

Comment

I've enjoyed reading all of your comments, and ya, after giving it a try, I can safely say that red pepper flakes did squat for me. I really liked the flavor they gave my food but I didn't feel less hungry or any different at all. In my experience, they don't do anything for weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X