Plan your meals ahead of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan your meals ahead of time

If you plan the meals you are going to eat ahead of time and stick to your plan, you are less likely to make food choices that are unhealthy. This is also true when you shop for food. Make a list of what you want ahead of time and DON'T go shopping when you are hungry. You are less likely to buy impulse items and foods high in fat.

Good tip. This is very true. Every time I'm hungry and I food shop or if I decide to make a meal based on what I feel like and no on a plan, I usually tend to make bad food choices I regret later.

Comment

That really is the best way to do it. Your shopping list is your new life plan

Comment

I am a hazard to myself when I grocery shop while hungry! Keep me out of the baked goods section!

Comment

This really is the best way to avoid purchasing and eating all the foods that you hate yourself for eating later lol! Good tip

Comment

I've tried this. It doesn't really work for me. Sometimes it does, but lately what I find is that when I plan meals ahead of time, I end up changing my mind when I go to make it, because I don't feel like what I planned. Is there any way to work around that?

Comment

This is a good tip, but I'm with Firefly77 it doesn't really work for me either. I find I actually make worse food choices for myself when I plan than when I just decide on a whim. As long as I don't get to the point of starving, I'm pretty good. That said, I couldn't agree more with the don't go shopping when you're hunger tip. Now that is true!

Comment

Working...
              X