Know Your Limits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Your Limits!!

Hey ya'll! I just wanted to point out that as important as it is that you always challenge and push yourself when you're working on losing weight, you also need to know your limits. You should never push yourself further than you can handle. Don't exercise until it hurts and don't make your diet so strict that you are miserable. If you're not feeling motivated and you are very unhappy, you'll not only never reach your goal, but you could be causing yourself more harm than good! Don't take the easy way out, but respect your limits and know when to stop. Don't seek impossible goals. Remain realistic and you'll be far more satisfied with your results in the long run

A very good point, JennyR. It is important to know what you can and cannot handle. It’s easy to have unrealistic expectations, especially if you want to achieve fast results. I, for one, have had my own struggles with this and still do from time to time. It’s important to remain motivated and to do that you have to figure out what really inspires you. After all, if you’re heart’s not in it, you won’t be able to stick to your weight loss goals for long.

Comment

This is the case with just about everything in life. Life is a very careful balance and your health is a reflection of that. When you throw off your balance, you experience symptoms that show that you have far too much negative energy flowing through your system. You then must re-balance yourself with a more natural positive energy flow so that you can recover from those symptoms.

Comment

Exactly, JennyR. If you overdo exercising and diet you'll only have your body working against you, too! If you exercise too much, you'll hurt yourself and then you won't be able to exercise every day because you'll need time off to rest. if you diet too much, you'll slow down your metabolism and make it harder to lose weight! And, as you pointed out, your motivation will stink!

Comment

This is an important tip to remember. When you overdo it, your motivation is shot and you can really hurt your body. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            This is the case with just about everything in life. Life is a very careful balance and your health is a reflection of that. When you throw off your balance, you experience symptoms that show that you have far too much negative energy flowing through your system. You then must re-balance yourself with a more natural positive energy flow so that you can recover from those symptoms.
            So...what is your advice for someone who has too much negativity? How would you re-balance yourself if you were overflowing with negative energy?

Comment

If you are brimming with negative energy then it is time for a great deal of reflection about who you truly are and what impact you are having on those around you. Being a toxic person can shorten your life and can lead others to no longer want to be around you. Over time, suffering will only increase. If your negative energies are too high, it is time to purify, de-stress, and actively take part in positive activities that will help you to achieve a balance once more. Go out and exercise in the fresh air, stay hydrated with fresh water, eat lots of colorful vegetables, and do something spontaneously charitable to make someone's day.

Comment

Those are some great tips on how to remain positive envrioTodd. Staying positive is key to your success and as you pointed out, there are many ways you can stay positive and build on it!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                  If you are brimming with negative energy then it is time for a great deal of reflection about who you truly are and what impact you are having on those around you. Being a toxic person can shorten your life and can lead others to no longer want to be around you. Over time, suffering will only increase. If your negative energies are too high, it is time to purify, de-stress, and actively take part in positive activities that will help you to achieve a balance once more. Go out and exercise in the fresh air, stay hydrated with fresh water, eat lots of colorful vegetables, and do something spontaneously charitable to make someone's day.
                  Whaddaya know that’s actually good advice. I’m impressed. I might just choose not to be a jerk and follow it

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                    Whaddaya know that’s actually good advice. I’m impressed. I might just choose not to be a jerk and follow it
                    I always give good advice! Don't worry, SD, I'm sure that if you follow this good advice, you can still manage to be a jerk. You've got to be you, right

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
                      Those are some great tips on how to remain positive envrioTodd. Staying positive is key to your success and as you pointed out, there are many ways you can stay positive and build on it!
                      That's exactly it! If you don't stay motivated and positive, then you really can't expect to get anywhere with your diet. After all, diets don't fail usually because you're eating veggies and jogging every day. They fail because you feel hungry and tired and just don't want to do it anymore! That's not a matter of it being too hard it's a matter of failing to stay positive and letting your motivation slide.

Comment

Working...
                      X