Can you overcome sugar addiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you overcome sugar addiction?

I know that sugar addiction is a real thing and I think I might be an addict. As much as I've tried to cut sugar out of my diet, I always end up caving. I have serious cravings for it. Is there a way to kick it? I've tried going cold turkey but it just doesn't work for me.

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
    I know that sugar addiction is a real thing and I think I might be an addict. As much as I've tried to cut sugar out of my diet, I always end up caving. I have serious cravings for it. Is there a way to kick it? I've tried going cold turkey but it just doesn't work for me.
    Yes! You can! It takes about 3 days of cold turkey and you really will feel cravings way less or even not at all. I know you said you can't do cold turkey, but you can. You really can. It's hard, but you can do it. Make a 3 day challenge out of it instead of thinking of longer term from the start. Also, make sure you have alternative desserts and snacks available that don't have added sugars. Lots of berries and other naturally sweet things are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post

Yes! You can! It takes about 3 days of cold turkey and you really will feel cravings way less or even not at all. I know you said you can't do cold turkey, but you can. You really can. It's hard, but you can do it. Make a 3 day challenge out of it instead of thinking of longer term from the start. Also, make sure you have alternative desserts and snacks available that don't have added sugars. Lots of berries and other naturally sweet things are ok.
      Having alternatives is key! Naturally sweet things, like fruit, as brightstar suggested are very important for helping you to get over the refined sugar addiction. It's natural for your body to crave sweets, just give it the right kind

Comment

Originally posted by JokerzWild View Post

Having alternatives is key! Naturally sweet things, like fruit, as brightstar suggested are very important for helping you to get over the refined sugar addiction. It's natural for your body to crave sweets, just give it the right kind
        The hard part is finding healthy alternatives you actually like and that will cut the craving for that specific thing you actually want. I have to say that if I want donuts or cookies, strawberries rarely do it for me. I'm still on the hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by TammyBear View Post

The hard part is finding healthy alternatives you actually like and that will cut the craving for that specific thing you actually want. I have to say that if I want donuts or cookies, strawberries rarely do it for me. I'm still on the hunt?
          Glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with this. I guess I should really try to find a fruit that is sweet that I like. I bought some grapes. I'm hoping they'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with this. I guess I should really try to find a fruit that is sweet that I like. I bought some grapes. I'm hoping they'll help.
            Depending on what you like, I find that berries, peaches and tropical fruit also work great. If you have grapes, try freezing some of them. Sounds lame but they taste SO cool when you eat them that way. I promise you won't be disappointed. You'll feel like you're eating an honest-to-goodness sweet treat.

Comment

Working...
            X