Find your groove and do what works for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find your groove and do what works for you

I think it's important that if you want to lose weight that you find something that works for you, even if this means going against the norm or doing something different from someone else whom you love and respect. You might want to do what someone else does, and there's no harm in trying it, but if you find that you can't keep up with it or it just doesn't work for you, this doesn't mean that you are a failure, it means that whatever your doing isn't working with your lifestyle. This doesn't mean of course that you wont' have to work hard to lose weight, no matter the path you choose, it's just important to find something that works for you and that you can stick to, more often than not.

That's a good point and a very hard thing to remember. It's also kind of frustrating to know that I can't just look at what other people do and copy them to get to my own success

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
      That's a good point and a very hard thing to remember. It's also kind of frustrating to know that I can't just look at what other people do and copy them to get to my own success
      Agreed! It's extra frustrating when what you're seeing someone else do something that looks easy and it makes sense, but when you try it it just doesn't work the same way. You find out that it might not be as easy for them as they make it look, but because they're used to it or it makes sense to them, they're okay with doing it.

Comment

You're right. If we try to copy what other people do too closely, we only end up being disapointed in ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TammyBear View Post
          You're right. If we try to copy what other people do too closely, we only end up being disapointed in ourselves.
          Yes! Every time I find I'm being really down on myself, it's almost always because I'm trying to be or live like someone else. So glad you all agree

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post

Yes! Every time I find I'm being really down on myself, it's almost always because I'm trying to be or live like someone else. So glad you all agree
            This is true and I respect what you're saying, but I don't know what my groove is sometimes. When I know what I'm doing is wrong, I don't know what to try next, so I go for what other people are doing and what is working for them because I don't know what else to do. Sometimes, it feels like the only way to do things right is to try to copy people who seem to have it mastered.

Comment

Working...
            X