Is sleep really that important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is sleep really that important

On a scale from one to ten, if I don't actually get adequate sleep regularly, while I know this isn't great for brain function and your overall health, how bad is it really if you want to lose weight? Does lack of sleep effect weight that much?

10. It's SO important to your mind, memory, overall health, weight, and even how long you will live. The less you sleep, the shorter your life is likely to be. Scary, right?

Comment

I'd say 9. It's extremely important to all things in your health and well being. We just don't seem to acknowledge or recognize that because we give higher priority to productivity. THing is, studies prove that when we sleep, we like our jobs more and are more productive. This is true even at jobs people would otherwise hate. When you're well rested, everything looks different. Everythign feels different.

Comment

I have to agree that it would probably be around a 9. It really dictates how motivated you'll be for your diet and exercise and how we'll you'll perform when you do focus on either one.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          10. It's SO important to your mind, memory, overall health, weight, and even how long you will live. The less you sleep, the shorter your life is likely to be. Scary, right?
          OMG yes! I have to agree with 10! If I don't get enough sleep I eat bad, I'm lazier and I have way less patience! I feel like an entirely different person! Sleep is so important to health and weight loss.

Comment

Anyone else crave pizza when they barely slept the night before? Who wants to eat a salad when they're exhausted? Ready to go for a run? Nope, I didn't sleep well. 10. Definitely 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Anyone else crave pizza when they barely slept the night before? Who wants to eat a salad when they're exhausted? Ready to go for a run? Nope, I didn't sleep well. 10. Definitely 10.
              Not pizza for me, but sweets like cookies, cakes, and everything in between. It really is a problem when I don't get enough sleep because I don't have any resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                I crave burgers and fries when I don't get enough sleep. And cola!!

Comment

Working...
                X