Intermittent Fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Fasting

If I give myself an 8 hour window for eating, is that enough to count as intermittent fasting, or does it need to be smaller than that? I don't want to do the kind that skips whole days. If I do the 8 hour thing, do I have to do it every day, or is most days enough? LIke can I take weekends off?

I think anything more than 8 hours would be unrealistic. The more consistently you can do it, teh better, but any realistic program should let you divert from the norm now and again. Otherwise, you'll never keep it up.

Comment

As long as you're not snacking in the evening or eating food overnight, you should be fine with a breakfast through dinner window. Just don't eat anything between breakfast and dinner.

Comment

8 hours is the most popular one, I think. I'm pretty sure that's the most reasonable one.

Comment

I just finished seeing this in the news today. Looks like intermittent fasting isn't as much what they thought it was: https://www.today.com/health/intermi...-study-t223564

Comment

I didn't realize that trend was still going. I figured anyone who wanted to try intermittent fasting would have been through with it by now.

Comment

My neighbor just announced on Facebook that she's starting it, so I guess people are still doing it.

Comment

Working...
              X