Expect to Backslide a Few Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expect to Backslide a Few Times

Weight loss isn't a straight line. Life is life. It means there will be times when you will make amazing progress, and other times it will feel like your'e taking a few steps back. It's not that you're failing. It's all a part of the process. Expect the numbers to go up and down a little. We're humans, after all.

It's funny. I do know this. It's important to remind myself of it, so I'm pretty glad you posted it. Still, the next time i get on the scale and don't see the results I want, I just know that it will discourage me. I dont seem to see a way around it. I'm just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
      It's funny. I do know this. It's important to remind myself of it, so I'm pretty glad you posted it. Still, the next time i get on the scale and don't see the results I want, I just know that it will discourage me. I dont seem to see a way around it. I'm just like that.
      That's just it. Rationally I know that you're right, TeensyTiff , but 2strikes has a serious point. I still feel bad when it looks like I'm not making progress or that i'm losing progress. How do you change that mindset even if you completely believe the fact to be true?

Comment

This is true and while I agree that my mind will also go into scolding or disappointment mode if I seem to lose ground, consistently reminding myself of the truth does take the edge off. Over time, maybe my mindset will change!

Comment

Maybe try not to think of it as backsliding. It's just progressing in a way you hadn't expected but that is your own.

Comment

It's not backsliding. Your energies are moving in a different direction. You will return to the direction you're meant to take when it's right for you.

Comment

Working...
            X