Eat less in extreme heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat less in extreme heat?

We’ve been going through a real heat wave where I live and it is impossible to get outside and do my regular exercises. Even inside, moving around a lot isn’t all that appealing because I get overheated fast even in air conditioning. Should I just eat less?

I don't think that you have to eat less as long as you eat smarter. Just keep an eye on your calories. SInce it's a hot day, go for a touch of lean protein and fill up on lots of raw veggies. It'll taste good.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
      I don't think that you have to eat less as long as you eat smarter. Just keep an eye on your calories. SInce it's a hot day, go for a touch of lean protein and fill up on lots of raw veggies. It'll taste good.

I agree with KittyKattt. I also think that you should continue doing some exercise even if it is hot to do so inside with air conditioning. You don't have to overdo it, just make sure you drink plenty of water and take a cool shower after to cool down. Also, whenever you can, I find a great way to get exercise and beat the heat at the same time is to go swimming.

Comment

You should never eat less. Not providing your body with the proper nutrients does bad things to it. You need to get enough calories. As KittyKatt said, eat foods that will appeal to your more, like fresh vegetables, fruits, fish, nuts, and lean means. You might find that grazing throughout the day instead of sitting down to large meals will also work in your favor. And, of course, drink lots of water.

Comment

If you eat less than you should, you're putting yourself at risk of slowing down your metabolism. That will make it harder for your body to burn fat and calories so that really by eating too little, you're stopping yourself from losing weight.

Comment

Working...
          X