chocolate milk - good or bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate milk - good or bad

Ok so I have not been drinking chocolate milk at all even though I love it because I have been trying to keep sugars and calories down. But now I’m hearing that it’s the best thing that you can drink after a workout to give you protein and make sure your energy levels don’t droop. Is this a good product for me to have in the house or not? I find it so hard to figure out what studies really mean when they’re always conflicting with each other.

I think that as a post workout beverage it's good but you shouldn't just drink it as something to quench your thirst because you're right it is way too high in calories and sugar

Comment

That's probably what I would say, too. You can keep chocolate milk for after you've done a really good workout (not just a stroll but something that will burn through a lot of your energy). But I really wouldn't call it a great diet product. Think of it like a protein shake

Comment

It is high in fat and sugar. I'd say it's not bad to have it every once in a while after a workout, but I wouldn't make a daily habit out of drinking chocolate milk.

Comment

I think it's good in a pinch. I wouldn't make it a lifestyle, but it's a good boost when you need it and it tastes great

Comment

I actually think chocolate milk is a lot better for you than the other crap you could be drinking, like a lot of those protein shakes. I find drinking a smoothie can help give me a boost too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
              I actually think chocolate milk is a lot better for you than the other crap you could be drinking, like a lot of those protein shakes. I find drinking a smoothie can help give me a boost too.
              Good point. Those protein shakes are mostly made of junk ingredients. You're better off with the chocolate milk

Comment

Working...
              X