Try to eat protein at every meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try to eat protein at every meal

Proteins help to keep you fuller for longer. Since this is the case, you should try to incorporate them in every meal. After all, if you feel fuller for longer, you will be less inclined to snack and eat more. Naturally, the healthier the proteins the better. Lean meat, seafood, cheese, yoghurt, nuts, soy, beans, and egg whites are all great options.

How much yogurt would you need to eat to actually make it worthwhile? Is there a lot of protein in there?

Comment

I have just recently been discovering how you can turn a vegetarian dish into a high protein one with egg whites. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        How much yogurt would you need to eat to actually make it worthwhile? Is there a lot of protein in there?

I think about a 6 ounce serving of plain yoghurt made with skim milk has about a 9.7 grams protein serving.

Comment

Thanks for the tip MeSarah. I've actually be trying to include protein in each of my meals and so far I think it's actually working. I do seem to be fuller for longer and I've got more energy. I didn't realize there were so many foods high in protein. For some reason when I hear protein my brain thinks meat and it stops there haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

I think about a 6 ounce serving of plain yoghurt made with skim milk has about a 9.7 grams protein serving.
            Nice! That's actually pretty impressive. Thank you very much, TracyK

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
              I have just recently been discovering how you can turn a vegetarian dish into a high protein one with egg whites. Awesome!

Yes, it's pretty impressive how easy it is to obtain the protein you need when you start discovering what foods are a good source of protein aside from meat!

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
                Yes, it's pretty impressive how easy it is to obtain the protein you need when you start discovering what foods are a good source of protein aside from meat!
                I actually find it really hard to do. Especially while still keeping iron levels up. Are there any other recommendations that you can all make? This is really helping me!

Comment

I think enviroTodd mentioned once that you get a complete protein when you combine lentils with bread. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure he said that lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X