Don't fish for compliments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't fish for compliments

Just a little tip. When you start dieting, don’t fish for compliments. People will give them to you. In fact, you’ll start hearing compliments and kudos and support so much that it will start to drive you bananas. So just be happy with what people say all on their own. You’ll keep your sanity more LOL

I don't know, Brightstar. Maybe I"m really vain but I think that I'd like a never ending amount of compliments. Good motivation! at least you know that you're makign a difference

Comment

I don't mind compliments all the time - I like them. But when people just repeat the same thing or when they're not genuine, they're just saying them to boost your confidence or something, I hate that

Comment

That's very true brightstar. The flip side of the coin is if you are always fishing for compliments, you'll likely end up irritating the people around you. Instead of wanting to support you, they'll just want to avoid bringing up the topic altogether. People who always need to be reminded of how great they look lack serious self-confidence and there isn't anything attractive about that.

Comment

You're right, Brightstar. I found that when I received too many compliments I felt people were just flattering me to make me feel better about myself. I didn't think they actually believed or cared about what they were saying. Nothing is more depressing than an empty compliment!

Comment

So true! I despise empty flattery. That said, why does it always seem that people compliment you when you feel you are the least attractive, like when you haven't done anything to make yourself look good. I always find when I dress up I get fewer compliments than when I put very little effort into my appearance hahaha.

Comment

Personally, I don't like it when other people fish for compliments. It's really annoying when others constantly need to be told that they look good all of the time or when they constantly need to be reassured that they're doing the right thing.

Comment

That's really true, Speeddemon. If someone wants to give you a compliment, they will. You’ll never really know if it’s genuine if your’ea ctually asking for compliments all the time. Also, you’ll find that when you ask for them all the time, people will be less likely to just give them to you when they otherwise would, because they won’t feel like it. It’s really irritating to be around people who are constantly begging to be praised.

That said, I can see how it could get old if you are constantly being complimented…somehow I don’t see myself ever being in that position, though LOL

Comment

Exactly, Bethie. I couldn't agree more. Constantly being compliments is just as irritating and empty, especially when the flattery comes from certain shallow people who you never feel are telling you the truth, anyway LOL....that said, I think you are a very pretty baby pig on a strawberry. Cutest one I've ever seen

Comment

LOL Thank you Speedemon. I feel very confident that I am a very attractive baby pig on a strawberry. Leave it to you to always make me laugh. You always have some sort of comment like that to put a smile on my face. I think that type of thing is far more effective than a compliment, anyway!

Comment

Working...
                    X