Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should you skip a meal if you don't feel hungry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should you skip a meal if you don't feel hungry?

I've got a question. I know you should pay attention when you're eating so that you don't over-eat, but what if you're not hungry? For instance, I'm not typically hungry in the morning. I can completely skip breakfast and not feel hungry until it's lunch. Is this really bad for me? Should I be having something to eat during the day even when I'm not feeling hungry?

Don't skip meals. Your metabolism will slow down. If you're not feeling hungry at meal time, have a small but nutritionally dense snack. THen you won't overload your calories but you will still keep your metabolism running and will ensure that your body is still getting a steady stream of nutrients.

Comment

I think that most doctors and nutritionists say that you shouldn't skip meals. I guess if you don't feel hungry it's fine to skip snacks, but if you go too long without eating, you'll actually not be hungry and it's bad for weight loss at the same time, so eat something!

Comment

Definitely do NOT skip meals. If you haven't eaten in a while and even if you're not hungry, still have a small snack and make sure your staying hydrated. You don't have to eat a giant meal if you're not up for it (it would be better not to anyway) but do have something to eat. When I'm not overly hungry and I know I should eat, I find that these are the times when it is easiest for me to make healthier food choices, like eating fruits or veggies versus junk.

Comment

Originally posted by JokerzWild View Post
          Definitely do NOT skip meals. If you haven't eaten in a while and even if you're not hungry, still have a small snack and make sure your staying hydrated. You don't have to eat a giant meal if you're not up for it (it would be better not to anyway) but do have something to eat. When I'm not overly hungry and I know I should eat, I find that these are the times when it is easiest for me to make healthier food choices, like eating fruits or veggies versus junk.
          That's exactly it, JokerzWild. You said the whole thing. Eat SOMETHING even if you're not hungry, but don't skip a meal. You might find once you start eating thatyour appetite will kick in, too.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll work on eating something in the morning, even it's only small at least I can make it healthy. I might just find that you're right pamela poison and that I'll start to feel hungry once I start eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
              Thanks for the advice. I'll work on eating something in the morning, even it's only small at least I can make it healthy. I might just find that you're right pamela poison and that I'll start to feel hungry once I start eating.
              THat's probably the best idea. I don't think you should ever force yourself to eat just because it's the right time on a schedule, but it's also important not to skip meals, so I think your'e going the right route.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post

THat's probably the best idea. I don't think you should ever force yourself to eat just because it's the right time on a schedule, but it's also important not to skip meals, so I think your'e going the right route.
                Even a snack is better than nothing

Comment

Working...
                X