Eating more liquid-based foods can help lower your calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating more liquid-based foods can help lower your calories

If you eat more liquid-based foods, such as smoothies, soups, apple sauces, etc. This can help you lower your calorie intake and help you to feel fuller faster. That said it is VERY IMPORTANT that the liquid-based foods you eat are as natural as possible. So make smoothies from scratch using actual fruit, not pre-made smoothies you can purchase in the cold section of your supermarket. Likewise, when it comes to soups and stews, try to make these meals from scratch with heart-healthy ingredients and lots of veggies. If you are going to buy soups and stews, choose low-sodium products. As for applesauce or similar sauces, if you don’t make your own, aim for the unsweetened variety.

Have you ever followed your own tip, Firefly77? Consuming more liquid can help you reduce your calories, but many people who follow this type of diet plan end up gaining back all of the weight they've lost when they go back to their regular dieting habits. This tip should work in theory, but the bottom line is that it's not really all that realistic.

Comment

Dude, Speeddemon's right. Plus, just because it comes in liquid form, it doesn't mean that it's low cal or low fat. Those expensive fruit juices and smoothies are hugely big in sugar. Stews can contain a mountain of fat and salt. plus, if you eat all liquid, you don't get a lot of fiber. Without fiber to fill you up, you feel a lot hungrier than you usually would, which means that you'll eat a lot more. it also means that once you go back to eating like a normal person, you risk being constipated and dehydrated. YOu might do a lot better if you eat whole foods instead of something extreme like as much liquids as possible.

Comment

The idea of eating more liquids to help to lose weight sounds like one that makes a lot of sense to me more in theory than in practice. I have lost weight over a weekend with liquid based diets like cabbage soup, but then I'm SO HUNGRY after that I eat all the wrong things.

Comment

Guys, I don't think Firefly77 meant ONLY eat liquid foods, just to eat more of them because it can help with weight loss when done right.

Comment

Liquid-based diets really aren't the way to go. They work for a little bit, but it's very easy to choose the wrong types of soups and smoothie snacks, especially if you're like most people and are too lazy to make the stuff from scratch. In the long run, consuming more liquids - especially the wrong kinds - could only end up causing more harm than good to your diet.

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
              Guys, I don't think Firefly77 meant ONLY eat liquid foods, just to eat more of them because it can help with weight loss when done right.
              Yes, thank you 2strikes, that was exactly the point I was making

Comment

Working...
              X