Choose water over soda and watch your calorie intake plummet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose water over soda and watch your calorie intake plummet

I've got a great tip for all of you soda drinkers out there who want help losing weight and are looking for a way to significantly reduce your calorie intake. Whenever you would normally choose to drink soda (whether regular or diet of any variety) choose water instead. Not only are you making a healthier choice for your body, but you are cutting out loads of sugar and other evil chemicals that actually help contribute to weight gain! Do this for a few weeks, and I swear you will start noticing a difference.

A very good and useful tip. Thank you, TroyBurger

Comment

That is an awesome tip, Troyburger and it really does make a difference. I've cut out the diet soda I'd been drinking and have been drinking water instead and it's really helped reduce my calories. Drinking more water, especially when eating meals, helps you to feel fuller faster and doesn't lead to cravings for sugary or other high-cal foods like diet soda can. Water is ALWAYS the better choice.

Comment

Good tip. If u r like me an u dont like the taste of water, u can always add flavor 2 water 2 give it more taste

Comment

Water is also a really good appetite suppresser. If you want to not be as hungry when you sit down to dinner, then chug down a good glass of water about 20 minutes before you plan to eat. It'll make a big difference and it'll keep you hydrated, too. The body sheds more weight when hydrated and you'll also lower your chance of bloating from fluid retention.

Comment

Thanks! This is a great tip I love soda but I've always wanted a really good excuse to give it up. I'm going to give this a try.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobby View Post
              Water is also a really good appetite suppresser. If you want to not be as hungry when you sit down to dinner, then chug down a good glass of water about 20 minutes before you plan to eat. It'll make a big difference and it'll keep you hydrated, too. The body sheds more weight when hydrated and you'll also lower your chance of bloating from fluid retention.
              Hmmm interesting I never knew water as an appetite suppressor.

Comment

I never thought about swapping soda for water as a good idea for weight loss. Is even diet soda bad?

Comment

Definitely a very awesome and smart tip! This really does work!

Comment

OK so here's a way to mess things up a bit...what about soda water? I don't think that has any calories in it at all (if it does, it's like 5 or something insignificant like that). If you squirted a bit of lemon or lime or orange in there or just tossed a wedge in, won't it be like you're having a light soda without all the calories and sweeteners and nonsense and still getting yourself hydrated?

Don't all thank me at once for solving all of your calorie problems - ok go ahead, I like the attention!

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                      OK so here's a way to mess things up a bit...what about soda water? I don't think that has any calories in it at all (if it does, it's like 5 or something insignificant like that). If you squirted a bit of lemon or lime or orange in there or just tossed a wedge in, won't it be like you're having a light soda without all the calories and sweeteners and nonsense and still getting yourself hydrated?

Don't all thank me at once for solving all of your calorie problems - ok go ahead, I like the attention!
                      That's a great (and very modestly presented) idea, MadMike! Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to go to the supermarket tomorrow and I fully intend to pick up club soda instead of cola and ginger ale, and a bag of lemons, too! That's really genius! I'm so glad I know about this now. I haven't give up pop because I just enjoy it too much and water just doesn't do the trick. This really will!

Comment

Great idea indeed MadMike. I agree that water won't cut it all the time, especially when you're really craving a soda. I bet mineral water could be just as effective as soda water

Comment

Originally posted by jadenmiller
                          Nice information,drinking plenty of Water helps you lose weight in several ways. Drinking water at regular interval can help alleviate bloating. You shouldn't wait until you're feeling thirsty to drink water. Many times thirst can be mistaken as a hunger, causing you to overeat.
                          That's a good point jadenmiller. Thirst can sometimes be mistaken as hunger. I've experienced that myself a few times. Though I was starving and it turns out all I was craving was a giant class of the h2o.

Comment

That's very true! Sometimes if you think you're hungry, drink water. You'll feel less hungry. Turns out you're thirsty!

Comment

Working...
                            X