Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't make a 3 digit number your weight loss goal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't make a 3 digit number your weight loss goal!

Hi y'all! One of my good girlfriends told me something a while back that makes lots of sense that I think is worth sharing. Don't make your weight loss goal a specific 3 digit number (ex. 150 pounds). Aim for for an a wait measurement or a certain dress or pants size. You'll find your goal to be much more manageable!

Ur right Jennyr, Dont try 2 aim 4 a #.Think about what size u wanna be & shoot 4 that. Good advice gurl!

Comment

Isn't aiming for a dress size still aiming for a number? I guess it just depends on which one is right for you

Comment

I actually like having a "3-digit number" as my goal instead of a dress size. The reason is that I can get on the scale and know exactly how far I have to go and how many pounds I'm likely to lose every week. That means I'll know (sort of) how long it will take me to get there. Plus, then I'm way less likely to try to stuff myself into a smaller size dress and declare that I've reached my goal.

I need to do everything I can so that I don't cheat or lie to myself LOL

Comment

Brightstar - Ya, it still is aiming for a number. I just like it better because it's not as specific as a three digit number. Clothing size is a weight range, verses a specific number. That's an easier goal for me

2Strikes - That's interesting. I always find it neat when I discover what motivates different people. I do agree that if you give yourself too much slack in terms of your goals, it is easy to cheat and lie lol.

Comment

I agree with Brightstar, a number is a number, no matter how many digits it has. I think it all just boils down to finding what motivates you. Whether it's a number, clothing, or a tape measure.

Comment

I have to say that I really like your tip JennyR. I find it much more motivational then living by the rules of the scale (which starts to feel like carrying around a ball and chain after a while) I'm currently a dress size 12 and I want to get down to a 10. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
              X