What is your diet type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your diet type?

What overall type of diet do you find most effective for you. The diet should
    1- help you lose weight
    2- be something you can stick to until you reach your goal
    3- help you not regain all the weight again.
    Calorie counting diets
    11.76%
    Points based diets
    23.53%
    Low-carb diets
    23.53%
    Low-fat diets
    5.88%
    Highly structured diets that tell you EXACTLY what to eat and when, with no exceptions
    5.88%
    Diets where you order all of your food through the program and never eat anything else
    11.76%
    No diets work
    17.65%

Points are so much easier than counting calories. That way, you can look the points up on a list of different foods instead of measuring calories and portion sizes for every ingredient.

Comment

Ideally, ordering all of my food through a program. The only problem is the expense

Comment

When it all comes down to it, you have to cut back your calories, so you may as well learn it and then live it!

Comment

For me, I’ve had the most success with points-based diets. By following a points system, you pay more attention to what food you’re putting in your body because you’re not supposed to exceed a certain limit. You get to know what foods are better for you and are less likely to cause weight gain.

Comment

I love diets that tell you what to eat and provide the food for you. That way, there is no question as to what you should and should not eat to lose weight. The only thing that isn't so great about these types of diets is that they can get expensive.

Comment

I'm not a big carb lover, so diets that involve carb reduction tend to work the best for me. I think it's a matter of choosing a diet that involves having to give up the things you like least in terms of food. We're far more likely to be successful when we have to make minimal changes instead of drastic ones.

Comment

In my opinion, lots of diets can help you lose weight, but most diet programs only work while you follow them and do little to help you maintain your weight loss goal once you've reached it and you've quit the diet. In my experience, no diets actually work when it comes to not regaining the weight. It's not about choosing a diet type, as much as it is having the willingness to make the necessary lifestyle changes. Diets can help you with this, but ultimately, whether or not you lose weight and keep it off is up to you.

Comment

I have found the best success with calorie counting diets. I learn a lot from them. They've helped me pay more attention to how many calories are in the products I purchase.

Comment

I've had success with points based ones, but I'm going to try the no-diet diet soon, because I like the sound of it

Comment

Ouu that was a tough one. I'd have to say low-carb diets, but I also like the really structured diets, as well. I'm terrible with anything that involves counting calories or points.

Comment

Personally I find that cutting out the carbs (not all carbs) is really useful when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off. We often eat way more carbs than our bodies need.

Comment

Working...
                        X